News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Faster Than Acela Express...Livin' A Dream

Started by D.Harrison, February 13, 2008, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Harrison

I mentioned to the Bach Man at Amherst that since I model the Acela Express in HO scale, I still want to journey to Europe to ride the fast trains there.  Well, in three weeks I'll be there.  On Tuesday, it'll be the Eurostar from London to Paris.  On Wednesday, the TGV Lyria to Zurich, then the Cisalpino to Milan, followed by the Night Artesia back to Paris.

Then its the 200 MPH TGV East to Frankfurt, only to board the ICE to Hamburg where a day is set aside to visit Wunderlande, the world's largest model railroad layouts.  Then another night train back to Paris and finally the Thalys to Amsterdam.

I probably won't even mention modelling the Acela while I'm over there.  And I think the Lyria also goes on the 200 MPH line too.  Now if only I could get a "head end" ride!!!!!

David Harrison

Santa Fe buff

I've seen videos of the TGV! Post here to tell me about the trip. It's very fast, in the videos, a comon TGV passes within 5 sec.! And don't talk about Acela, they might make the TGV too fast to rival it, or you could cause a rivaly with a TGV fan.
- Joshua Bauer

the Bach-man

Hi, Dave!
Have a great trip!
Don't forget to eMail!
the Bach-man