News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman

Started by Diesel #261, February 14, 2008, 08:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

Bachman I called my friend Corrie and asked him to log on the message board but when he did he said he was restricted.  Why is this so?
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

the Bach-man

Dear All,
You will all please note that there are two fewer posters. Henry Blue is gone again, for the same reasons.
If people cannot behave and be positive they are not welcome.
Behave!
the Bach-man

Diesel #261

Bachman,

Why is corrie ban from the form.  Also will he ever be allowed to come back.

"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

rains train

Them two need to learn the expression: "Kill them with kindness.".......

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

The Chaz Storm

Well that I kinda saw coming. 

I am a strong believer in everybody deserves a second chance, but what happened with Henryblue back there was something else.  I can see where the Bach-man is going with banning him.  Corrie should have been banned a LONG time ago, and I am glad he is.  His rude and immature behavior got him what he deserved, in fact in a ways I think what Corrie did was much worse then what Henryblue did. 

Now everyone, we can clearly see what happens when we don't cooperate and get along with other, so let's keep up our positive and good behavior. ;) 

rains train

Hey Chaz, I thought you and Corrie were friends?

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

The Chaz Storm

WERE friends.  That's all I am going to say...

Quote from: Shawmut Line on February 14, 2008, 09:03:44 PM
Bachman,

Read my earlier post as I mentioned Corrie's immature and rude behavior.  Also no from the looks of things Corrie may never be allowed back here again. 

max (uk)

I managed to miss all of this.  ??? Probabley for the best.  :-\

I mean come on, it was Valentine's day yesterday. Should have been giving freindly love as we all love the same Hobby.

Should i make today 'I love Trains' day?  :P

Spread the hobby love maaan.  :D

Mike CT

This is a very interesting situation.  Keep in mind that Corrie is or will be soon 15 years old.  He has some talent as was shown in his post and some computer skills.  The problem of lack of civility is not uncommon, I see a lot of it on an O-scale forum, which I participate. 

Rules are to be abided by.  Corrie e-mailed me last night explaining what had happened.  Unfortunately life is a never ending "learning experience".
Hard learned lessons usually stick. 

I'm sure that Bachman understands their market and their responsibilities concerning maintaining this forum.  What Bachman did is correct and they have my support.  Though not involve a lot with my nephew, he does respect  my model railroad abilities, i.e, I'm somewhat of a mentor.  The e-mail last night went on to say that he would be in trouble with his parents and not to tell them.  My brother, Dan, does a good job of parenting his two son and I'm sure Corrie will have some problems for awhile.

I would hope that Corrie learned something here.  But at the same time I would like to foster his modeling abilities and see him gain more skill.  It is in Bachman's best interest to also foster young hobbyist, some of them will become life-long hobbyist.   :)

Michael C. Thompson
Mike CT   

StanierJack

Of course, it was a 50/50 flame war. What was said was wrong, as this is a ''Thomas & Friends'' Board. Bach-man is the admin, and did delete the posts. Well done to him. I still have the thread in my computer, and I will tell what happened.

Corrie put stuff about HenryBlue in his signiture.  :(

HenryBlue flipped out.  :o

Corrie encouraged him.  :P

So both got banned.  :'(

I know HenryBlue is part of MTF and SiF, but Corrie was only part of this board. (That I am aware of.) HenryBlue is sad at being banned, and I bet Corrie is too. But like Mike said, life is learned by lessons.

Quote from: Mike CT on February 15, 2008, 08:17:20 AMI would hope that Corrie learned something here.  But at the same time I would like to foster his modeling abilities and see him gain more skill.  It is in Bachman's best interest to also foster young hobbyist, some of them will become life-long hobbyist.

Corrie will probably model still, and so will HenryBlue, but Bachmann cannot let him off the hook and not HenryBlue. For those on MTF, HenryBlue is there.

Guilford Guy

As evidenced by previous experiences Corrie still hasn't matured much. If he can't take a little criticism then he shouldn't post pictures to be criticized...
Alex

metal4life

Corrie does act immature around here a lot. He posted un-needed comments and couldn't accept any constructive criticism, even when he knew he needed help. At least 80% of his posts were about his tractors and things irrelevent to Thomas at all. Not saying that it doesn't happen from time to time...for him it was just a recurring thing. I think it's a good thing that Henryblue left the forums, not in way offending towards him. Like whenever he posted a Project or something, he'd get irrelevent comments and just get spammed. I think he's better off at MTF where it's more sophisticated and mature.

The Chaz Storm

Knowing Corrie though Edward., he'll probably get banned at MTF.  Plus Henryblue is a staff member on that forum...

Henryblue is clearly more mature then Corrie, I can promise you that.  But his temper I'll admit can be changed a bit, especially with the language that he uses here.  I honestly don't care about bad language on emails/MSN and other ways of contact, but when you do it here in your posts then it does make you look immature, foolish, and rude. 

Corrie knows most of the time what he should or shouldn't do at times, for example, he stole Jack's pictures.  He should know better then that, same with asking why rains train won't be on MSN by making a thread about it.  In my opinion, Corrie could be doing this just to get our attention, but since he is banned here, there is nothing he can do at this point. 

metal4life

Well I guess since we won't have to worry about them. Unless Corrie makes a new account. If you get banned does your IP Address get blocked as well so you can't make a new account?

thomasj219

Quote from: Chaz on February 14, 2008, 11:23:49 PM
WERE friends.  That's all I am going to say...

Quote from: Shawmut Line on February 14, 2008, 09:03:44 PM
Bachman,

Read my earlier post as I mentioned Corrie's immature and rude behavior.  Also no from the looks of things Corrie may never be allowed back here again. 
Yeah Chaz didnt Corrie kind of worship the ground you walk on..
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.