News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-8-4 Union Pacific Niagara w/tender

Started by TomKat, February 26, 2008, 10:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomKat

Mr. Bachmann- I would like to know what Bachmann RECOMMENDS for minturn radius on a Niagara 4-8-4. This train is part of the Overland Set. I am building a layout and want to know what YOU (Bachmann) recommend~TomKat
Nothing Like it in the World==============#====

rains train

I would say 18" would be tight. Probobly 22", but I'll let the Bach-Man answer, seeing as you seem to only want him to answer.

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Frisco

I have the same locomotive , it will run on 18 inch , but there is lot of over hang and if your track work is not very smooth  it derails . But it will work .

Yampa Bob

Hi Tom
While you are waiting for the Bach-mann I checked their catalog for the Overland set, says it ships with 22" track. 

Did you get my mail?

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

TexasChief

Tomcat, UP's 4-8-4 was called an FEF,(Four-Eight-Four). Niagra is what NYC called thier 4-8-4's. It's an honest error though since Bachmann uses a NYC Niagra painted in UP colors for the Overland set. And they will navigate an 18" radius

Dick
Texas Chief
Santa Fe All The Way!

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
I'd go with 22" radius.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

TomKat

Thanks to all of you for your input. The overhang is what most perturbs me. I have run it across 18, but it will derail at speed. If I take it slow it'll go thru, but geez, the overhang!!!
Alex- I wasn't asking JUST the Bachmann. I just wanted to know what they recommend. Also wanted youalls input too.
Bob- No I haven't seen it yet, but this is a new laptop and I might not have my mail set up correctly yet. And thank you for checking into this.~TomKat
Nothing Like it in the World==============#====

Yampa Bob

I managed to retrieve the mail, had it forwarded back to me.  When  you get  your email fixed I'll send it again. I just used the addy in your profile.  They are not bouncing so probably sitting in your server box.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.