News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Life Time Warranty Requirements

Started by granpab, February 16, 2008, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granpab

I started buying my first large scale, Bachmann Big Haulers, last November.   They were a flee market cash purchase -- no receipt.  I subsequently made internet purchases of some Annies from authorized retailers -- with receipt.
Does the Bachmann warranty apply to the second-hand non-receipted locomotives?

Rich Niemeyer

Warranties generally don't transfer via second hand purchases.  I suspect the purchases you made at a flea market do not carry a warranty.
Rich Niemeyer
Taos and Chili Dust RR

the Bach-man

Dear Granpab,
Rich is correct.  We will, however, repair your train for a reasonable rate.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

granpab

Okay, I am clear about buying used Big Haulers - no warranty.

When I buy new on the internet, do I have to ensure the seller is an authorized Bachmann dealer so that the warranty applies?

the Bach-man

Dear Granpab,
If it's a new item from a legitimate dealer you'll have no problem.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Here is some info That may be of help

Because of the large number of Bachmann  Trains sold, especially during the holidays, It can be very hard to get through on the Bachmann 800 number.  Same is true of email which often goes unanswered due to the overly high volume.   

It is best to use the Bachmann commercial phone line 215-533-1600 and ask for service.  I have attached the Bachmann Warranty information below.   I have personally received great service using the number above.  I am told the fax number works well too, but cannot personally confirm this.   It is the best warranty in the business, but you may have to wait for your repairs if the volume is high.

Warranty Information

Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.

Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card or proof of purchase.

For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement:
$10.00 -   Â·  HO & N Diesel
$15.00 -   Â·  HO & N Steam
$20.00 -   Â·  DCC On Boardâ,,¢ and Spectrum® HO and N scales
$25.00 -   Â·  Williams O Gauge and Spectrum® On30
$30.00 -   Â·  Standard Line large scale (except Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotives)
$50.00 -   Â·  Large scale Spectrum® and Anniversary Edition 4-6-0 locomotives

All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.

Orders, repair inquiries, or general inquiries may also be sent to:
Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Fax: 215-744-4699
Bachmann's Service Department is available from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern. The Service Department is closed between Noon and 12:45 for lunch. Customer Service for all scales can be reached at 800-356-3910. Each department has its own extension.
• Parts: Ext. 11 and 17
• Technical Support: Ext.12
• Repair Status: Ext. 13
• Customer Service Manager: Ext.18

Please be aware that due to the quantity of calls we receive each day, you may need to leave a message on our voice mail system. Your call will be returned as soon as a service technician is available. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!