News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

heisler

Started by bigreds, February 20, 2008, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigreds

Are the PC boards in the trucks need for the engine to run or can i take them out by splicing the red to red wire and black to black.They are just there for noise supression?I run on normal DC
Thanks
Martin

altterrain

Most of us kitbashers prefer to take the boards out and run wires directly to the motors. Its a much more reliable connection. Make sure you test the wiring first before you put them together otherwise you short something out.  If you are running plain old track power you really don't have a need for noise suppression.

-Brian
President of

Tom Lapointe

Removing the PC boards will cause you to lose your "firebox flicker" :o, & I believe the voltage regulator for the smoke unit (if you use smoke) may be there as well.  The "noise suppression" boards in the Heisler are located in the trucks; you need to remove them ONLY if you are running DCC for control.  (Their function is "suppress" electrical noise from the motors which may cause radio or TV interference; as a result, they look like "short circuits" to DCC signals).  You may also have to rewire the headlights if you remove the boards.  If you're only running straight ordinary DC power, there's no real reason to remove them. ;)                                                                                    Tom