News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SELSTS 2008!

Started by calenelson, February 18, 2008, 04:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

What a great time the fam and I had this past weekend in Perry GA attending the SELSTS 2008!

It was quite a haul to get us there...3.5 kids, $3.40/gallon diesel, and 5.5 hours with 33' Camper in tow...but it was all worth the trip!

First, Hats off to the Event Promoter Harry Hartman and J&J Promotions and -Aristocraft Trains and Polk Family! 

Secondly, thanks to the different LS Train Groups/Clubs that participated, seeing trains run made the kids day! 

In addition, all the Vendors and folks who were there teaching techniques to help the not so talented=me!  Yogi has some of the best "why didn't I think of that?" techniques ever!  The Phoenix Sound Brothers were very helpful.  I tried to buy multiple items from St. Aubins, but they didn't have what I was looking for...but they did try-really hard!

I did take a few photos from the days happenings...We got down late on Friday evening, so we only attended for the majority of Saturday...!

Here is the "New" AC C-16 that many of you have been waiting for!

It was a "pretty" "little" engine...if you do 1/24 you'll be happy!

Seems I wasn't the only "Dummy" at the show!

The folks at the Live Steam Track were Brave! -allowing my kids to touch and hold some "cold" engines...I was a nervous wreck!

Here is an "Americanized" Garrett...I believe it won the model contest!

There were some Beautifully Detailed entries!

Speaking of Boys...Here are my "Cowboys"...they kept most show attendees entertained with their gun slinging antics!

Here is the FL groups floor layout!  Very Impressive...my kids wanted to spend most of their "down time" here!

My wife had 2 show favorites...The Famous Sundance Central Modular Display...and the Gent making Figures from AL Foil!

Much like my Bride, I was totally taken in by the SCRR Display...the Craftsmanship was Remarkable!!! 

Here is my Crew-resting...wating on Dad to find the "deal" he traveled to get!  ....and there is Ted Yarbrough in the background.

And Speaking of Deal!  Here is the In-Famous Marty Cozad holding my "Deal"...Finally A B-Mann Climax just for me!

Again, I really enjoyed the Entire Show, and would encourage each of you to try to attend one of these events!  We camped just across the Interstate and had a Blast!

...oh and on the way home, I asked my eldest, Eli..."what was your favorite part of the train show?"......His answer....

Thomas!
Hope to see Y'all in May 2009!!!

Cale and Family

Special Thanks to the folks from the GGRS for allowing me to "Test Drive" on the club layout before I purchased the Climax !

John B

The Garrett was made from two Big Haulers.