News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scale bales of hay

Started by kennywsp4, February 21, 2007, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennywsp4

Does any one know of a source for hay bails in g scale? fairly cheap? or how to make them  would be better and more fun(I think ;D)
  Need it for my new bachmann Big top  train yet another great set Bachmann! It is "new old stock". Took it out lubed it up and away she went! Very nice set.

Matthew (OV)

Many feed stores have "Hay Cubes" for feeding horses ... as-is or with a little judicious glue and paint, they'd probably do the trick in a pinch.

Or, some white glue and water mix, a large plastic ice cube tray, some real hay, and a pair of scissors would probably do the trick.  Just remember to spray the ice cube tray with some kind of non-stick coating first.

Matthew (OV)

BIG BEAR

Mine are made of larger sawdust particles glued. I've been thinking about trying grass clippings, dried then glued.
     Good-luck,    Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Paul W.

I don't know if they have them out all year, but last Fall I bought some at our local Michaels Craft store for use on my "Pumkin Express Train". Wal Mart had some, but they were  too large. The ones at Michaels came in a pack of 6 or 8 bales per pack.
They look very good sitting in my short sided gondolas.
Happy Steamin'

Paul