News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0

Started by ta152h0, June 13, 2008, 12:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

Just got my 4-4-0 Richmond DCC equipped. I thought it was odd the programming is so simple, except for F10 and F1 you have to do nothing. At least that is what the manual with the beast indicates. i will run it tomorrow. I did remove all the foam pieces under the truck.

Yampa Bob

Congratulations, I have seen only good comments about the Richmond.  I would buy one except it doesn't fit my area or roads.

Let us know how it runs. I saw the parts list, very well designed and they didn't skimp on parts.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Yampa Bob on June 13, 2008, 04:43:26 AM
Congratulations, I have seen only good comments about the Richmond.  I would buy one except it doesn't fit my area or roads.

Let us know how it runs. I saw the parts list, very well designed and they didn't skimp on parts.

Yampa Bob
And those new 50' Overland coaches would look so good behind on of those 4-4-0's.

The Spectrum 4-4-0 is indeed a great little engine. Quite surprised at how well it pulls without traction tires.

But then again I am not a fan of traction tires.

If I had to choose a favorite locomotive it would be  between the 4-4-0 and the Spectrum 4-6-0. Love watching the valve gear working on the 4-6-0.

Pacific Northern

ta152h0

You are correct. I just looked at those coaches and they would indeed look not only correct but also aesthetic. However I can only find them in N gauge. Bummer. or as the brits would say, bloody bummer.

Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

ta152h0

nice loooking set but it appears on the surface the seller is in the United States but in actuality he is selling out of Canada. i don't want to deal with the added charges of international shipping and dollar exchange.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ta152h0 on June 14, 2008, 02:42:32 PM
nice loooking set but it appears on the surface the seller is in the United States but in actuality he is selling out of Canada. i don't want to deal with the added charges of international shipping and dollar exchange.

I suggest you check with the vendor. There are some vendors on e-bay who ship out of both Canada and the USA depending.
Pacific Northern

ta152h0

the more I look at it, the more i like the locomotive. I replaced the simulated coal load on the tender with the real wood load. looks so cool.. just like the one i saw in a western movie about stealing gold from a train.  Probably easier to throw logs in the burner than shoveling coal.