News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question About The 2-6-6-2

Started by southern pacific, February 20, 2008, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern pacific

I'm thinking about buying one of the Bachmann 2-6-6-2 mallets when I get my stimulus check! Is there anything wrong with these engines? I have worked on n-scale engines for a long time and most can be repaired one way or the other. I've re-powered old Atlas/Rivarossi steam locos with Kato motors etc. so I'm not that concerned with those isssues, I would just like to know if there are any real big headaches with the Bachmann mallet. At $99 mail-order they seem like a good deal.

Franz T

Really nice looking and nice running locomotive. Only drawback is they don't pull all that good. But for 100 bucks you cannot pass it up...

RoundupBob

I like my 2-6-6-2 very much. It runs well on sharp curves and turnouts, better then my 4-8-4 and 4-8-2s. Only thing wrong, Union Pacific didn't run them and the one I have runs slow(so did the real ones).

Inder

I own three of them and all three run well.  Not great just well.  They're not great pullers at all but they look fantastic.  I got two of them for around $70 and my third for $100.  I'm very pleased with them.

gsjcas

Hello .....I purchased two new from a Bachmann Dealer on Ebay for a "Steal"....I  absolutely love them.......They run together....Real Impressive.... They pull a 20 car log train or a 20 car freight on my empire......True I have no grades......They are fantastic lookers and for the money you can not go wrong.......Run em flat....and they are fine.....