News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Russian Decapod

Started by Franz T, February 03, 2007, 09:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franz T

What are the chances of the decapod being released this year? Pete at Brooklyn Locomotive Works announced them for this spring a few months ago and I have one reserved; but he announced them the year before as well :(
Also, is the 2-6-0 still in the works? I understand about the small motors, but Model power has a 4-4-0 and a 2-6-0 out and they are rather small, so a motor for the decapod should be out there somewhere..

Franz T

ben_not_benny

Mr. Bach-Man said a few weeks ago that they are working on the 2-10-0. Maybe he can clearify for us.

the Bach-man

Dear Franz,
I've seen no mention of the decapod for this year, but I only have the first quarter list...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Franz T

I sure hope it comes out soon, I'd love to have one. The HO version looks so cool, kind of like the old Royal Prussian Railways G8 with that high boiler.. ;D

Franz T

GlennW

Perhaps the Decapod can be ready for release in the 4th quarter of the year? Take your time to do it right.

asarge

"I've seen no mention of the decapod for this year, but I only have the first quarter list"

Might the C&O 4-8-2 be on that first quarter list?

taz-of-boyds

Hello,

New here and just looking over the posts.

I have great plans for my little railroad for the Russian Decapod and the ten wheeler (4-6-0).  A big part of my plans is a small coal hauler in western Maryland: the Cumberland & Pennsylvania Railroad.  The ten wheeler with 63" drivers is a great match for two loco's C&P used for their passenger service.  The C&P was absorbed by the WM and the decapods were some of the first WM power to replace all the home built C&P locos.  (Already got a couple of the WM 2-8-0's.)

So, it would make me happy to see these loco's go into production!!
:D  :D  :D

Thanks,
Charles

(PS, I have been back modeling for the last couple years after about a 25 year break, still; mostly in research, planning, been picking up some loco's and rolling stock.)

taz-of-boyds

It has been a while, so I figured I would bump this to the top.

Any news on the Russian Decapod, or changes on the 4-6-0 ten-wheeler status?

Thanks,
Charles

toot17

Sure would like to see the Russian decapod, and 4-6-0 built this year. I have a couple ordered from Brooklyn Locomotive  Works two years ago. What do you say Bach - man?

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Still no update...
If/ when there is, you may be sure I'll tell you!
Have fun!
the Bach-man