News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whats your favorite......

Started by westsidelumber12, February 22, 2008, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westsidelumber12

what is your favorite engine that your favorite railroad made? I know its a awkward questions but i thought it would be interesting to see what is your favorite one railroad prototype. Mine would be the CF7 or the U30CG, i love Santa Fe.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

sour rails

For me, it is a little hard to say. :-\ :-\

My favorite railroad is the NICKEL PLATE ROAD (NKP).
My favorite steam locomotive is the N&W's class J 4-8-4.
My favorite frieght diesel is the EMD SD45. (Great Northern paint scheme)
My favorite passenger diesel is EMD E7. (also Great Northern)

As of right now, my favorite engines from the NKP are:
Steam~2-8-4 Berkshire
Diesel~GP30
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Conrail Quality

For me, it would be a three-way tie between the Pennsy GG-1, New Haven EF-3, and Milwaukee EF-1. The MILW Little Joe, and Amtrak E60 and AEM-7 get honorable mentions.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

RAM

Santa Fe 4-6-4 3460.  I also like 5004 a 2-10-4.

Dusten Barefoot

ET&WNC 4-6-0#12. What can I say, she is the last one left.

Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Guilford Guy

I second Tim, the New Haven electric are hawt! :-*
For me its probably B&M's 2-6-0, with the 2-8-0's, and 4-6-2's tieing for second.
Alex

SteamGene

Westsidelumber.  Your question was:  "what is your favorite engine that your favorite railroad made?"  I don't think the Santa Fe MADE either of the two locomotives you listed.  While my favorite railroads are the C&O and the Milwaukee Road I don't think either railroad MADE any locomotives, though the C&O did convert some heavy Pacifics to Hudsons in the late 1940s. 
Now, what are my favorite C&O/Milwaukee locomotives is another question. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Guilford Guy

Santa Fe rebuilt  a fleet of aging F7's into CF7's.  I don't know if the U30CG's are or are not rebuilds...
Alex

Conrail Quality

The U30CG's were not rebuilds; they were ordered new from GE in 1967, according to every source I've seen.

Timothy
Timothy

CHUG

my favorite is amtrak acela. amtrak made acela a big deal for washington suits and new york gordon geckos to go fast in a train from boston to washington very quickly and not stopping you see. with new york in between it picked up the geckos on there way to washigton to payoff the suits or on there way to boston to drink and so forth. they dont call it grand central station for nothing. it probably costs more to ride it then the bachman acela costs. thanks.

Conrail Quality

Quote from: CHUG on February 22, 2008, 09:22:38 PM
my favorite is amtrak acela. amtrak made acela a big deal for washington suits and new york gordon geckos to go fast in a train from boston to washington very quickly and not stopping you see. with new york in between it picked up the geckos on there way to washigton to payoff the suits or on there way to boston to drink and so forth. they dont call it grand central station for nothing. it probably costs more to ride it then the bachman acela costs. thanks.

What do you mean by this? All Amtrak trains in New York use Penn Station, not Grand Central. I don't think ANY Acela has ever been inside Grand Central, since it doesn't have catenary.

Timothy
Timothy

CHUG

I didnt say acela went to grand central station i just said they dont call it that for nothing you see. It goes through new york city thats for sure so i dont care what station it goes through or even if it goes through madison square garden or the empire stae building my point is the same and so forth. Thanks

westsidelumber12

Yeah U30CG's wheren't made by Santa Fe, but the CF7's were. They made those bodies from scratch.
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

WoundedBear

Quote from: CHUG on February 22, 2008, 11:19:11 PM
I didnt say acela went to grand central station i just said they dont call it that for nothing you see. It goes through new york city thats for sure so i dont care what station it goes through or even if it goes through madison square garden or the empire stae building my point is the same and so forth. Thanks

That makes even less sense than the last post that you are trying to defend..

But it's all good.....you have that post and delete trick down pat.

Sid

SteamGene

I wonder what Chug's language arts grades are.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"