News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whats your favorite......

Started by westsidelumber12, February 22, 2008, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Quote from: SteamGene on February 23, 2008, 11:28:05 AM
I wonder what Chug's language arts grades are.
Gene
im not xactly shur betetr thn myne i supoze
Alex

jdvass

My all time favorite would have to be an F7 from Canadian Pacific in their maroon and grey paint scheme.

TonyD

What I REALLY DO KNOW, is a fact. When you are waiting for a train in Grand Central, don't be a wise guy and pee on the 3rd rail....I did have an intelligent question, but after reading this thread...I forgot what I was going to say....about a year before NH joined Penn Central, a conductor freind of my father got us a cab ride in an FL9 from New Haven into Grand Central....wow. Like toy trains, in Conn.-steam tenders on work equipment, diesels and overhead cat pulling freight, the ex Virginians came at us, looked like square tigers!, 3rd rail shoes made it look like lionel track with welding sparks, then in the tunnel under -Park Ave? a railroad pergatory for bad trains....and no camera.....FL9 must be my favorite oil burner, 52 year old experiment but some still start up and go to work everyday....
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

Guilford Guy

Yumm... I can't wait for River Point Models to finish the FL9's and EP3's... (and EF4's, etc for that matter)
Alex

Paul M.

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 23, 2008, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: SteamGene on February 23, 2008, 11:28:05 AM
I wonder what Chug's language arts grades are.
Gene
im not xactly shur betetr thn myne i supoze

butt gg(alex, of corze) you sayed in a im of coarse that you g.a.p. wuz eeether a 4point0 of a 3point9 . i can't remember now, you see. of course. tht is y i sayed it, gg.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

CHUG

The acela is fast. it doesnt have to go through new jersey you see. Most guys going from washington to new york city want to get there fast and some dont want crooks on board to steal there diamonds ot the money there going to lend and so forth. Thanks.

Guilford Guy

Thank you Sherlock...
It most certainly HAS to go through NJ since their is not to the best of my knowledge, an electrified alternative route that does not pass through the state...
Alex

Conrail Quality

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 23, 2008, 09:02:58 PM
Thank you Sherlock...
It most certainly HAS to go through NJ since their is not to the best of my knowledge, an electrified alternative route that does not pass through the state...

Oh GG, surely you know that the Businessmen and Lobbyists on board the Acela can simply make the it teleport to Philadelphia and beyond...

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Guilford Guy

Oops... my bad... All those pick-pockets on Amtrak that I've never noticed  must be very dangerous. Its very easy to board an express train, pickpocket a few people to make up for the cost of the ticket, and get off an hour later at the next stop and not get caught by the crew or all those people sitting in their seats where its even more difficult to get at their pockets?
All those scapegoated New Jersey people must be very worried right now... maybe Amtrak will stop stopping in New Jersey, in fear of all those pick pockets...
Alex

WoundedBear

Kids.....pay attention....this is what happens if you sniff the choo-choo train's smoke. ;D

Sid

Guilford Guy

Or smoke your Thomas as evidenced in the Thomas and Friends forum!
Alex

PRRThomas11

Ok then... back to the point.

I can never decide my favorite engine, or my favorite rainroad but one of my favorite railroads is the Pennsylvania RR. And my favorite of their engines was the T1 duplex.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/07/T1_color_photo.jpg/800px-T1_color_photo.jpg
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

CHUG

its about a hour from newark to baltimore you see. If guys with diamonds or money lenders was going to washington and new jersey crooks got off in baltimore before they got to washington theyd be in the wind before the diamond guys and money lenders saw there stuff missing and so forth. its simple math that makes acela work for these guys. On acela also the security eyeballs everybody real close as far as if there up to something. Thanks.

rains train

Favorite? Easy. 4-6-6-4 Challenger. Union Pacific. ;D

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

WoundedBear

Quote from: CHUG on February 24, 2008, 08:31:41 PM
its about a hour from newark to baltimore you see. If guys with diamonds or money lenders was going to washington and new jersey crooks got off in baltimore before they got to washington theyd be in the wind before the diamond guys and money lenders saw there stuff missing and so forth. its simple math that makes acela work for these guys. On acela also the security eyeballs everybody real close as far as if there up to something. Thanks.

Chug....

Please answer a question that is on a lot of peoples' minds.....How old are you?

Sid