News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whats your favorite......

Started by westsidelumber12, February 22, 2008, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Quote from: CHUG on February 24, 2008, 08:31:41 PM
its about a hour from newark to baltimore you see. If guys with diamonds or money lenders was going to washington and new jersey crooks got off in baltimore before they got to washington theyd be in the wind before the diamond guys and money lenders saw there stuff missing and so forth. its simple math that makes acela work for these guys. On acela also the security eyeballs everybody real close as far as if there up to something. Thanks.
HOW DO YOU PICKPOCKET A GUY WHO IS SITTING DOWN?!
geez... you must really hate Jersey people.
I don't think people move diamonds on the acela...
And how do they justify a ticket...
Do they move seat to seat and take stuff? Or do they sit next to some dudes in some seat they were ASSIGNED, and hope they have enough money on them to pay for a ticket?
zomg...

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 23, 2008, 09:26:20 PM
Oops... my bad... All those pick-pockets on Amtrak that I've never noticed  must be very dangerous. Its very easy to board an express train, pickpocket a few people to make up for the cost of the ticket, and get off an hour later at the next stop and not get caught by the crew or all those people sitting in their seats where its even more difficult to get at their pockets?
All those scapegoated New Jersey people must be very worried right now... maybe Amtrak will stop stopping in New Jersey, in fear of all those pick pockets...
Alex

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Paul M.

Quote from: SteamGene on February 24, 2008, 09:37:56 PM
He's no more than 12.
Gene

I dunno.... I'm 12, and I can't read most of what he says.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Guilford Guy

Alex

rains train

Haha, possible GG, wouldn't put it past him.

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

TonyD

First of, I am a Thomas fan too, and I'm 50! so watch it...and 2nd, Paul! you are 12? and you made and weathered that REA building....???? Wow. I would show that to your art teacher, you don't have skills, you have natural talent, make sure your modeling gets to  your HS guidence councelor, there is already a direction for you here, keep up the good work. The rest of you- GET BACK TO WORK!!
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

rains train

(Thomas fan as well.)

YES SIR!

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Guilford Guy

I think everyone has some respect for Thomas.
I was referring to several of the Thomas Fans found in the Thomas forum, who can be quite a funny bunch.
Alex

Lemurien

My favorite are sd40-2 and Santa Fe railroad.
In France, electric locomotives CC6500 and in Germany CC103

PRRThomas11

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 25, 2008, 06:31:37 PM
I was referring to several of the Thomas Fans found in the Thomas forum, who can be quite a funny bunch.
True, entertaining huh?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

sour rails

Quote from: PRRThomas11 on February 26, 2008, 04:35:38 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 25, 2008, 06:31:37 PM
True, entertaining huh?

Why, sure, I'm 21 and I still love Thomas, just not as radically as some of them on the forum.
As for Chug, I think he decided to leave this topic.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Redtail67

ATSF F Units all Classes they were real beauties and if maintained were great units.

Just a little info the CF-7 were a piece of junk they were built in the Cleburne Texas shops from wrecked F units and units that had the bodies rusted out and so on. They tried to convert units designed for freight and passenger service to units that could do double duty as yard switchers and freight service. Needless to say the units were a big flop. They over looked the control stands were setup for a whole different configuration and they were miserable for engineers to run. The same goes for the converted units that were slugs, just traction motors, with a large concrete box poured in the car body to make up for the lose of the weight of the engines. The very first engine was the 2649 and I ran it the first time it came down for service the ATSF gave us engineers an extention throttle and brake handles for these junkers (homemade I might add) and I still have a couple in the garage. Everytime I see them I laugh about how big a fiasco those units were.

As for the U33G Units I ran many, they were a constant speed unit, when the throttle was placed into run 1 they sped up to run 8. Same thing in dynamic. They were latter modified to go up in engine speed in steps I believe it was run 3 then run 5 then Run 8. They were very powerfull units but like most of the GE Units most engineers did not like them. They were filthy because of the exhaust did not burn claen and because of the smoke from them and all GE units they were banned from the State of California.

The SD45 was an extremly powerfull Unit but very difficult to maintain as they were a totaly different engine casting. They had one more major design flaw, they would go into "HARMONIC ROCK" between 10-20 MPH and again at 71 MPH or so, and literaly rock off the track and turn over.  ATSF had several derailments and after one on the Passenger Train. They took action after the passenger train incident as the FRA got into it . EMD and ATSF along with FRA came up with the idea of the struts. I had several rock with me lifting off the rails at 71 MPH and scared the fire out me but luckily none flipped on over. Yopu would run through those speeds as fast as you could and never hold them there regardless of the max speed of track or train.

The railroad lowered the horses and put the struts on the trucks to keep the units from rocking and came around with the SD40-2 one of the best units ever built and it was loved by almost every engineer than ran one.

By they way the dash 2 units were equipped with computerized control moduels  which allowed roundhouse personell to pull a moduel out  and put another in say for bad orde wheel slip or engine speed control and they had the truck mounted shocks or struts to hold down the units and keep them from the harmonic rock.

just thought i would throw that into to thread.

Yampa Bob

I once had a loco going down a straight and just fell over. Must have been "Harmonic Rock"  LOL

When I read about the problems with real railroads, I think my running is very realistic, derails, pileups,  haven't tried a head on yet. 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Stephen D. Richards

Redtail67,  very interesting information!  Thanks,  Stephen

Yampa Bob

Thanks Red
I could listen to your adventures till the wee hours of morning.  Matter of fact,  don't we  LOL.   I thought I was the last of the night owls. 

I guess my favorites for the time being are two Flying Grande GP35.  I clocked one pulling 30 cars at 98 MPH. That's a total of about 8 pounds of cars.

That's almost  3,000 tons scale.  When you consider it  takes 8 full size GP40 to pull 10,000 tons of coal through here, that's impressive. 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.