News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Whats your favorite......

Started by westsidelumber12, February 22, 2008, 01:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Yampa Bob on March 01, 2008, 11:41:08 PM
I once had a loco going down a straight and just fell over. Must have been "Harmonic Rock"  LOL

When I read about the problems with real railroads, I think my running is very realistic, derails, pileups,  haven't tried a head on yet. 

Bob
Mmmm, at the club a member had to Guilford R(F)ail Systems GP40-2LW's running a mixed freight. It was meandering a long and suddenly fell on its side. Everyone was amused by "Prototypical Guilford Action!"
Alex

rocknblues

EMD F3-7 Great Northern is my favorite, only because I grew up in a RR town and remember seeing steam loco's and the diesels in the rail yard quite often, but first and only train ride was from Superior, WI to St. Paul/Minneapolis MN, on the Badger. It was around 1958. Most of my friends dads worked for the Great Northern, and I still remember the controversy in my home town when Burlington merged or took over. So its more sentimental than anything. I have searched and cannot seem to find what diesels were actually used for the Badger Express, other than I believe they were F7's. The city across the river in MN. ran the Gopher Express from Duluth to St. Paul/Minneapolis MN. And I remember that one in the yard as well. If I am wrong on any of this informaton please corrrect me, the records of the Badger and Gopher are quite incomplete that I can find. The Jr highschool I went to had a bust of James Hill founder of the
Empire Builder in front of it, that school is tore down now and the bust has been moved to the BN railyard in town. The school was also used as a summer Whitehouse for President Calvin Coolidge so he could trout fish the Brule River in Wisconsin. - Rock
rock :)

r.cprmier

Conrail;
I was at a service call at Hartsdale, NY Metro North station Thursday, and had the chance (and time) to watch some of the units come and go.  Have you ever watched those trains?  The electricals in those units must be something to behold!  I have seen a lot of commuter units in my life, but never have I seen the ability to move out as these do.  What a show!
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!