News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New sound from Bachmann

Started by Frisco, February 23, 2008, 11:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Well I thought every one would but maby  you just have not seen . Micro Mark announced Bachmann is comming out with the 4-4-0 4-6-0 and shay with DCC and sound .  I was going to get a 4-4-0 but im glad I waited because know I can get it sound . Shure they will be nice .  :)

richG

Quote from: Frisco on February 23, 2008, 11:06:53 AM
Well I thought every one would but maby  you just have not seen . Micro Mark announced Bachmann is comming out with the 4-4-0 4-6-0 and shay with DCC and sound .  I was going to get a 4-4-0 but im glad I waited because know I can get it sound . Shure they will be nice .  :)

I installed sound in my 4-4-0 Richmond a year ago. It has a Micro-Tsunami and one inch speaker.
Tony's Trains has had the 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 with DCC/sound for some time.

Rich

Pacific Northern

Quote from: richG on February 23, 2008, 12:41:12 PM
Quote from: Frisco on February 23, 2008, 11:06:53 AM

I installed sound in my 4-4-0 Richmond a year ago. It has a Micro-Tsunami and one inch speaker.
Tony's Trains has had the 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 with DCC/sound for some time.

Rich

I assume the to be released are the factory equiped sound and that Tony's Trains were selling the 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 with their own brand of dcc sound installed. Would not compare these to factory equiped units.
Pacific Northern

richG

[/quote]

I assume the to be released are the factory equiped sound and that Tony's Trains were selling the 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 with their own brand of dcc sound installed. Would not compare these to factory equiped units.
[/quote]

Tony's sellls therm with the Tsunami the last time I looked at their site. They have then with DCC only, LC decoder and Premium decoder. Tony's does not have their "own" decoders.

http://www.tonystrains.com/locomotive/bachmann.htm

Some Spectrum engines with "factory Tsunami" are showing up with decoder issues. Generaly, "factory decoders" have less features because of cost issues. I have read some of these issues in a Soundtraxx forum and a couple other mrr forums.
The Tsunami and Micro-Tsunami are hard to beat when it comes to steam control and sound.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/

Roundhouse does the same and puts MRC decoders in their steamers and people have issues with them. I have put Micro-Tsunami decoders in all my Roundhouse steamers also.
Look at their features at the above link.
I have just installed a Micro and 3/4" speaker in a fine tuned MDC Climax.

Rich

Pacific Northern

Quote from: richG on February 23, 2008, 04:52:50 PM

[/quote]

Tony's sellls therm with the Tsunami the last time I looked at their site. They have then with DCC only, LC decoder and Premium decoder. Tony's does not have their "own" decoders.

http://www.tonystrains.com/locomotive/bachmann.htm

Some Spectrum engines with "factory Tsunami" are showing up with decoder issues. Generaly, "factory decoders" have less features because of cost issues. I have read some of these issues in a Soundtraxx forum and a couple other mrr forums.
The Tsunami and Micro-Tsunami are hard to beat when it comes to steam control and sound.

http://www.soundtraxx.com/

Roundhouse does the same and puts MRC decoders in their steamers and people have issues with them. I have put Micro-Tsunami decoders in all my Roundhouse steamers also.
Look at their features at the above link.
I have just installed a Micro and 3/4" speaker in a fine tuned MDC Climax.

Rich
[/quote]

The Spectrum engines Tony's is selling are still not the Bachmann Factory sound equiped 4-4-0 or 4-6-0 engines. They may well be better than the Factory sound equiped, then again they may not.  My reference to Tony's putting in their own was simply Tony's can put what every sound unit they would want to. Still not the same as the Bachmann Factory unit equivalent.
Pacific Northern