News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Bachmann James set.

Started by rains train, February 24, 2008, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rains train

I need some reviews on the Bachmann James HO scale train set, as I just ordered one off an auction site for 54$, brand new of course. This is my first Thomas set, and I plan to make a small 4' by 8' layout(like the Bach Man's ;)) to go with my normal layout. So, back on topic, reviews...? :)

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Billbarman

This set is pretty good. It comes with some nice rolling stock and James the red engine as you know. The only problem with it is that my james that came with it stopped working. It started to run a bit jerky then just stopped I cleaned it nothing works. But other people ive ask didnt have this problem so yours will probably work fine. Good luck with the layout. 

rains train

Okay, thanks! Anyone have any pictures of their James?

Alex

The Chaz Storm

Here's mine:

And here's my James with a light installed:

rains train

Cool, thanks Chaz! So I guess the set comes with black roadbed then? :-\ I'm trying to use only grey roadbed with my soon-to-be Island of Sodor, as this is all they have at K-10's Model Trains.

Alex

The Chaz Storm

I don't own the set personally so I don't know.  Both James models I got were sold separately and did not come in a set. 

rains train

Oh, I see, anyways, thank you for the pictures.

Alex

The Chaz Storm

Guilford Guy

Quote from: rains train on February 24, 2008, 08:49:16 PM
Cool, thanks Chaz! So I guess the set comes with black roadbed then? :-\ I'm trying to use only grey roadbed with my soon-to-be Island of Sodor, as this is all they have at K-10's Model Trains.

Alex
What? No ballast?
Alex

rains train

Not on my Thomas layout. On my non-thomas layout, yes, there will be ballast.

Alex

Diesel #261

"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

rains train

Diesel #261

"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

rains train

So does anyone know when Edward is suppost to be released? I'm going to get him next, along with Mavis.

Alex

Rail-Runner192

I heard in March. But I dont no. You guys are lucky my james only runs backwards!! wierd.
Ready for New Items!!