News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Bachmann James set.

Started by rains train, February 24, 2008, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rains train

Really? I hear both March and November...Don't know which to trust...

Did ya try returning your James for a new one?

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Rail-Runner192

No. Ive had it since it first came out.
Ready for New Items!!

rains train

Try sending it to back to Bachmann for a new one.

Alex

Rail-Runner192

I think I will give it a shot.
Ready for New Items!!

Diesel #261

Ah reminds me of that time with Henry, Spamcan, and 7101/Bear. ;D
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

rains train

Pardon my idiocy, but, huh??

Alex

rains train

rains train

Oh, I see, well I'm sorry if I'm just starting to watch the show again.

Alex

DealAjani

Quote from: rains train on February 27, 2008, 12:03:45 AM
Oh, I see, well I'm sorry if I'm just starting to watch the show again.

Alex

See, thats the problem that I have with you younger generation of Thomas fans. You all don't know the real stories, only what you see on tv. Take my word for it, the real stories are much more interesting that the tv show.

metal4life

The tv stories from about season 5+ are just too childish for me. Plus with the camera change from regular to HD doesn't quite tickle my fancy. DealAjani is correct, the Railway Stories are much better than the now-Thomas, which I don't understand why they stopped using stories from the RWS. If it's because the viewers might not comprehend the character's origins, I don't know. But doesn't that qualify for the new characters now? We don't know where Rosie, Emily, The Pack, etc., came from.

rains train

James arrived today!
Too bad I had my first wreck on my layout with him...

I was running my Challenger and James on track one and my Dash 8-40C on track two.(I am still working on the third and fourth...possibly fifth tracks, or else there wouldn't be more than one train on a track.) I left for two seconds to get a soda(will never do this ever again as it is very foolish.) and when I came back I found my Challenger lightly bumping James's brake van. I ran to turn the engines off, but I accidentally turned off James...VERY BAD! My Challenger continued going and pushed James's coaches off the track, and I quickly turned it off. James's tender was knocked off and the first half of my Challenger was knocked off as well.(First and second trucks, leaving the third and fourth still on.) Well, some of James's cars spilled onto the second track....and here comes my Dash. Before I could move the cars it smashed into the fuel tanker, and the cars uncoupled from the engine and it continued on before I stopped it, it was fine, unlike the first couple of cars in it's train...they flipped off the track and landed on their sides, now if this was real, the fuel tank would've burst into flames. Lucky it wasn't real eh? Still, I'm never going to leave my trains unattended ever...EVER...again if they're on the same track, and probobly never anyways. :P

It's just my luck that my first wreck ever would be an extremely bad one eh? Yup.

Anyways, back to James. He runs very nicely...but when I use him with the Zephyr it makes a loud buzzing noise. Why is this? The Zephyr says that it can use one DC loco on the number "00", and so that's what I'm doing.

Otherwise, he still runs very nicely, Zephyr or Bachmann controller.

Any help with the buzzing issue?

Alex

Guilford Guy

If it was real, you wouldn't have a British locomotive with a face on the same track as a Union Pacific Freight, and not have the UP freight watching the signals...
Alex

rains train

Hey GG? Shut it. I was usein' sarcasm....

And I've seen a 'real' Thomas train before on track. The engineer of the Dash could've had an injury. Challenger could be there accidentally.

Anything can happen given the term. ;)

Alex

Duckfan8

Quote from: rains train on February 24, 2008, 08:49:16 PM
Cool, thanks Chaz! So I guess the set comes with black roadbed then? :-\ I'm trying to use only grey roadbed with my soon-to-be Island of Sodor, as this is all they have at K-10's Model Trains.

Alex
Yes, The James set comes with the track with a black roadbed.