News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ez-Track Question

Started by T-Lloyd, February 24, 2008, 07:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Lloyd

since there are no special lengthed ez-track pieces to fill in gaps that a layout might have, should i stretch the track out of the proper radius to make the track connect or should i just buy an atlas assorted track pack even though it has no base. also cause the #6 crossovers are 21.25" long so it makes an odd length to fill in with just 3' and 2.25' pieces.

T-Lloyd

Also I have a Sante fe engine thats is not dcc equipped or ready, can i still get a decoder attached when i switch to dcc?

Guilford Guy

You can buy a decoder and solder it into the locomotive, although you may need to isolate the motor from the frame. I would be some atlas flex track, and cork roadbed. place a styrene shim under the cork. and bend and cut the flex track into the desired curve/straight length.
Alex

Terry Toenges

You shouldn't stretch the track because you will have a kink somewhere.
You can buy an EZ Track 90 degree crossing that comes with 4 - 2" straights. You should be able to make about any layout you want using 2", 2 1/4", 3" and 4 1/2" pieces in combinations to fill gaps.
Feel like a Mogul.

T-Lloyd

Terry Toenges

I think these are all the combinations you can make up to 9".
2 1/4
4 1/4
4 1/2
5 1/4
6 1/4
6 1/2
6 3/4
7 1/4
7 1/2
8 1/4
8 1/2
8 3/4
Feel like a Mogul.

T-Lloyd

what about those 10" re railers are they useful?

Pacific Northern

Quote from: T-Lloyd on February 24, 2008, 07:52:46 PM
since there are no special lengthed ez-track pieces to fill in gaps that a layout might have, should i stretch the track out of the proper radius to make the track connect or should i just buy an atlas assorted track pack even though it has no base. also cause the #6 crossovers are 21.25" long so it makes an odd length to fill in with just 3' and 2.25' pieces.

It is very simple to cut ez track to fit what ever gap you need to fill. A Atlas fine tooth saw to cut the roadbed and a rail cuter and file and some rail joiners.
Pacific Northern