cab #'s other than 5418 for HO Spectrum Santa Fe SD-45

Started by TijerasJCTN, February 27, 2008, 12:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TijerasJCTN

I just bought a Bachmann Spectrum HO EMD SD-45 (Santa Fe #5418).  Now I'm looking for the same thing again, only in a different road or cab #'s.  I see many pictures of a #5408 (and found maybe a fellow selling one p/n 11612?).  So the questions is, how many different cab #'s has Bachmann made of this thing and are they still in production, etc.?  I want to MU (multiple unit) 2 0r three together, but I like to give 'em a DCC ID that is the same as what's painted on the side (so I can keep track of them, pardon the pun!)

Yampa Bob

Earlier releases are often shown for illustrative purposes.  Apparently last years' model was numbered 5408, the 2007 model is 5418.  Check their 2008 catalog, they might have a different number.  If not, then you just have to renumber it.  It wouldn't take much to change 5418 to 5478 or 5428, if those are  within the proto sequence. The part number 11612 might be a completely different loco. 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

TijerasJCTN

Thanks for the input, Bob!

Mr. Bach-mann, do you have any more insight into the matter?

the Bach-man

Dear JCTN,
We usually change the cab numbers on each rerun, but we don't stock multiple numbers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man