News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Some of my latest projects

Started by modlerbob, February 27, 2008, 01:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modlerbob

These are a pair of Evans coil cars one from Red Caboose factory painted, the other a Walthers that I painted and decalled.  The locomotive is a P2K GP38-2 that I have weathered.

Bob DeWoody

WoundedBear

The coil cars look good.....but the weathering on the loco doesn't really show up in that photo.

Sid

modlerbob

Well i guess that gives me an excuse to go back and do more :)  Honestly about the only things I hit were the trucks and fuel tank.
Bob DeWoody

Yampa Bob

Nice work Bob.  I have an article from Model Railroad Craftsman on making realistic coil loads.  I've got to get a scanner some day.

May I offer one suggestion.  I noticed the images were about 500kb each, took about 10 minutes to load on my sloooow dialup. Please see my thread "Image Management" in this section.   (right click the images and select "properties") 

The forum coding automatically shrinks images to 500 pixels wide anyway, which distorts your pictures, generally a 640 X 480 shrinks well, and will reduce the size dramatically.  I just resized one of the above and the file size dropped to 30 kb.

Yeah, I know we slowpokes are a dying breed, just can't get broadband here on the ranch.

Thanks loads
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

James Hail

Nice work!.......I need to get my camera out and show you guys my junk.......I bashed a few Canadian Hudsons (mehanos) into freight service.

Nothing major but im learning,,,,,,,They look much better black and without those ^#%@#%#@&#$ smoke ears.

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]