News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New to American Railroad Modelling

Started by LMSR, February 27, 2008, 06:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyD

I know Amtrak and VIA still do this to a point, you might have been seated in a Santa Fe car, destined for -Fort Smith? Dropped off the SF in -Topeka? and within minutes coupled to the end of a say-Frisco? train the rest of the way....this is why sometimes a conducor sez "if you leave this car, come back before we get to X"...MR Bob, you probalby slept thru it.... I know many years ago some British railways did this drop off 'on the fly' never would be dreamt of nowdays...Mr Tony LMS needs to hunt down some reading material on the NYC, it was too big and lasted too many generations to list here. Basicly, in the 1950'? stam and diesel? They had atleast one of everything....including a jet.....
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

Yampa Bob

Sleep on a train?  I was barely 16, didn't want to miss the scenery.  My first impression of trains was not good, when I got to Fort Bliss, they lost my duffel. The Cadre looked at me in Class As and made me acting squad leader.  LOL 

All my male ancestry were military, I knew the ropes.
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Redtail67

Yampa Bob:

More than likely early 1950 era you were being pulled by EMD F3 Units Santa Fe 16-100 Class Its possible they might have been ATSF 300-325 Class F7.

I have the orginal Factory EMD Operating Manuals for all those Classes of engines.

Yampa Bob

Possibly, I was just a kid glad to be more than 25 miles away from the farm.  My only train rides and can't remember anything. 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.