News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Something other than Colorado..?

Started by justintexan, February 27, 2008, 11:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justintexan

Dear Bach-Man, Any chance we will see some modern 1:20.3 White Pass & Yukon models in the not-so-distant future? The WP&Y continues to set passenger records year after year, and the scenery isn't the only reason for this popularity. The power and rolling stock options are extensive by narrow guage standards and with the addition of the U.S. Army years color schemes are quite varied. Sincerely Justin Post Script: Colorado narrow guage is fine, but many of us seasoned modelers have had a lifetime of K-27's and logging shays-isn't it time to move ahead..? JD   

Mark Oles

From what I have seen, this is really the first Colorado specific narrow gauge model that Bachmann has made.  I think there's tons of CO fans out there.  Logging engines have found their own niche as well.  Seems they are generic enough to fit most areas that had logging.

I imagine that the White Pass has a smaller following than the EBT.  Maybe in time there'll be 1.20.3 White Pass equipment made.  Meantime, there are 1.22.5 White Pass models out there right now.  I had one of those DL535's with a matching caboose.  Nice engine, but I think I read somewhere it wasn't a great model?  I liked it and it ran well enough.  Some of them even have sound.  My lone Bachmann Big Hauler started out as White Pass 10!

Mark

vic

0-4-0 Porter, both = generic catalog models
2-4-2 Columbia = Baldwinn Hawaiian plantation locomotive
2-6-0 Indy =  Generic catalog version of the Columbia
4-6-0 Annie = Baldwinn Tweetsie prototype
2-8-0 Connie = Baldwinn N de M prototype
4-4-0 = restored Eureka & Palisades locomotive
2-6-0 Mogul = Baldwinn generic catalog model
Shay Heisler Climax = generic catalog models

to date only one model, the K27 has been specific to Colorado.

While a WP&Y shovelnose dismal would be really cool in LS, it would be such a big engine I doubt B'mann would want to make the investment in such a singlularly specific to one road model.

While theres nothing wrong with the new 1/20.3 side tanker aside form the fact that I already have one in 1/22.5, (I actually liked the look of the saddletanker alot more) but I would love to see a real bone tossed to us small layout guys. Something like a Forney or a Mason Bogie thats R1 capable, or a 0-6-0 tanker, or a Class A Climax.... ???

Phil Stump

Probably one of the most sucesfull models ever is the 10 wheeler. I would like to see it up graded to true spectrum standards. and produced in 1:20.3 scale. This would probably turn out to be the most popular engine on most garden railways. Assuming of course it did not get too expensive.

Cascade Northern

True, Bachmann has not produce many Colorado specific models, but other model companies have.  I agree that there should be some other narrow guages models produced such as the White Pass & Yukon.  WP&Y had some pretty interesting equipment that I think would be popular, but nobody makes it.  It is kind of a shame.

glennk28

In the Spectrum cars--hopper--EBT, PA; gon Pacific Coast Ry. CA; Narrow Frame tank car WP&Y as well as Colorado.