News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann in Hampton

Started by SteamGene, February 16, 2008, 06:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamGene

I went to help out the Tidewater Division, NMRA at the first ever Hampton, Virginia train show today and will be there tomorrow.  I brought my wine and beer train and VT&P 455 (USRA light Mountain) for the point.  Having some time on my hands I wandered around and found the Bachmann display - a very classy display with two Bachmann reps there.  Both had people talking to them and waited until the first was free and asked "Would the Bachmann be here?" and he responded, "That would be me," so we talked for awhile.  Johannas is a very pleasant man and I enjoyed the talk.
Unfortunately there was a decoder issue and the wine and cheese train had to settle for VT&P 845 (USRA light Mikado). Tomorrow I'm going to bring out the C&O George Washington, but maybe bring two locomotives in case the J-2 has problems.  I may put the train behind a high stepping Hudson regardless. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Hi, Gene-
Great to meet you, too- getting to know regulars is one of the best things about doing so many shows. I also had several good talks with Jon Miller, who does reviews for LSOL
Maybe I'll meet more of you tomorrow!
the Bach-man

Guilford Guy

Hah! His secrecy has been exposed!

:)
Alex

GN.2-6-8-0

AH'HA! the Bachmann revealed!!!  ;D
Rocky Lives