News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD417

Quote from: thomasfreak5 on July 06, 2010, 08:06:46 PM
i wouldnt mind havng hiro victor kevin and charlie.
please dont start with the new characters again we are hoping for the classic characters, Duck, Diesel, Oliver, Trevor ect. they may be made but not for a while...

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: shining time on July 06, 2010, 05:32:47 PM
he has buffers  but his are one piece front and all there more fragile than the normal buffers on the other engines.
Thanks.
Quote from: JD417 on July 07, 2010, 07:16:08 AM
please dont start with the new characters again we are hoping for the classic characters, Duck, Diesel, Oliver, Trevor ect. they may be made but not for a while...
Thats we are so happy Donald, Douglas, Bill, and Ben are being made. Four Classic engines from season two.

thomasfreak5

Quote from: JD417 on July 07, 2010, 07:16:08 AM

im not saying id rather have the new characters, all i said was i wouldnt mind having them, i much rather have the classic engines! im waiting on toad and oliver mostly :)
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

RBMN #425 Fan

I'll get Right to the Point on this,

My Wishlist.............

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

PasqualeCS96

Who here thinks that Bachmann should sell the items in the Thomas Holiday set individually instead of buying the whole set or sell Holiday Thomas seperately and buy the cars in on small set like what Trackmaster does with some of their frieght cars. It could also work with other cars like buying three at one price like in one box could be T.T. 1, T.T. 2, & Scruffy or T.T. 3 or Milk van, Cream van, rasberry syrup van or V.Van, catlle truck and salt van in a diffrent set without the transformer,t racks ext. I think for 2011 Bachmann should start doing something like that.

JD417

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 21, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
Who here thinks that Bachmann should sell the items in the Thomas Holiday set individually instead of buying the whole set or sell Holiday Thomas seperately and buy the cars in on small set like what Trackmaster does with some of their frieght cars. It could also work with other cars like buying three at one price like in one box could be T.T. 1, T.T. 2, & Scruffy or T.T. 3 or Milk van, Cream van, rasberry syrup van or V.Van, catlle truck and salt van in a diffrent set without the transformer,t racks ext. I think for 2011 Bachmann should start doing something like that.
that's a good idea especially being able to buy the holiday cars sepretly because if u want more of them u have to buy the whole set  :-\

StanierJack

Two things I have got ideas on, not sure if they would be viable to do though. Perhaps a collectors range for modellers 14+, like Hornby did with some of their models?  ;)

1, Truck faces, self adhesive:

Don't get me wrong, Bachmann make a nice, varied range of wagons for the locomotives to pull, but one thing I think would be a benefit would be having a range of molded faces, that can be placed onto existing wagons.

Lets say we have a pack of 8 different faces, we can then sell those to people wanting to upgrade their existing rolling stock. By having them, we could potentially use them to make each wagon unique, and more like the television series.

I appreciate that this may seem a far-fetched idea, but it would be nice to have, even as spares. It may be a gamble, yes, but what venture wasn't. I'm sure Kader had doubts that the Thomas range, On30 range and even Plasticville would be successful at some point.

2, Scale figures:

Don't get me wrong, the figures Bachmann make are nice, but the scale is sadly well off. It's a shame too, as it spoils it. Many children are prone to picking up on small details, and a range of figures, perhaps with a molded circular base would be ideal for those wanting to just run Thomas, or make a full fledged railroad.

If we could have figures, scale at 1:87 or even 1:76, it would be nice. I'm sure they would sell with people outside of the Thomas range too, as I have seen with many items, namely the Emily's Coach models.

---

I know I'm not a regular buyer of Bachmann Thomas items, nor a US citizen, but I feel these are two small items that would do well in the range, and expand it with the cost of tooling up new chassis.

(Plastic molding would be the only thing needed, I'd imagine you could do one pattern and make it work for a product run)

shining time

i agree with the molded faces w/t adhesive and that they should make the old weathered wagons like in the flying kipper episodes both are different some look  like the mail trucks others the vent van but just painted brown and weathered to look old
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

The Chaz Storm

Jack you have a good point... we do need to scale figures for a Thomas Bachmann layout.  Or maybe different sets of five or six.  An example of this would be:

Sir Topham Hatt
Mrs. Kindley
Two workman
...the butler! :D

Something like that for a pair of to scale figures for the Thomas range would be great.

JD417

if bachmann does make the butler i would buy that right away! ;) but maybe trade the butler or one of the workmen for Lady Hatt

shining time

good point on the scale figures but they would have to be for the older generation and not kids
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Dalek1995

Quote from: Chaz on July 29, 2010, 02:06:55 AM
Jack you have a good point... we do need to scale figures for a Thomas Bachmann layout.  Or maybe different sets of five or six.  An example of this would be:

Sir Topham Hatt
Mrs. Kindley
Two workman

Something like that for a pair of to scale figures for the Thomas range would be great.

You got the idea for the butler from watching WTLNetwork's poops, did you? 

Anyway, here's my wishlist:

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Rusty
Duncan
Ivo Hugh
Duke
Bertram
Mighty Mac
Freddie
Proteus
Agnes, Ruth, Jemima, Lucy & Beatrice
Gertrude & Millicent
Ada, Jane & Mabel
Slate Truck #1-3 (Empty & Loaded)
Coal Truck (Empty, Loaded & Tarped Load)
Brown Truck (Empty, Loaded & Tarped Load)
Enclosed Van (Red, Blue & Brown)
Flatcar (Empty, 12t Van & Breakdown Train)
Crane
Brakevan (Red, Blue, Brown & Beatrice)
Red Coach
Green & Cream Coach
Blue Coach
Bogie Coach (Red, Blue, Green, Gertrude & Millicent)

Skarloey Starter Set (Includes Skarloey, Agnes, Lucy, Beatrice, Crovan's Gate Station, Oval of OO9 EZ Track, Gordon, Composite Coach, Brake Coach, Oval of HO EZ Track, 2 UL Listed Power Packs & Mr. Percival)

Rock n' Roll (Includes Exclusive DCC-Equipped Duncan with Rock n' Roll mechanism, Ruth, Jemima, Oval of OO9 EZ Track with special derail section & passing siding, DCC Equipped Rusty, Breakdown Train, Red Brakevan, Mr. Hugh, EZ Command Control Control & Shed)

Trucks! (Includes DCC-Equipped Rusty, DCC-Equipped Peter Sam, Unpowered Damaged Peter Sam, 3 Loaded Slate Trucks, 5 Empty Slate Trucks, Scatterable Debris, Incline Railway with real working Wind House provided by LGB & breakable channel, OO9 EZ Track for the Incline, EZ Command Center)
YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

JD417

Quote from: Dalek1995 on August 03, 2010, 12:45:10 AM

Sir Topham Hatt
Mrs. Kindley
Two workman

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Rusty
Duncan
Ivo Hugh
Duke
Bertram
Mighty Mac
Freddie
Proteus
Gertrude & Millicent
Ada, Jane & Mabel
Crane
Red Coach
Green & Cream Coach
Blue Coach

Skarloey Starter Set (Includes Skarloey, Agnes, Lucy, Beatrice, Crovan's Gate Station, Oval of OO9 EZ Track, Gordon, Composite Coach, Brake Coach, Oval of HO EZ Track, 2 UL Listed Power Packs & Mr. Percival)

Rock n' Roll (Includes Exclusive DCC-Equipped Duncan with Rock n' Roll mechanism, Ruth, Jemima, Oval of OO9 EZ Track with special derail section & passing siding, DCC Equipped Rusty, Breakdown Train, Red Brakevan, Mr. Hugh, EZ Command Control Control & Shed)

Trucks! (Includes DCC-Equipped Rusty, DCC-Equipped Peter Sam, Unpowered Damaged Peter Sam, 3 Loaded Slate Trucks, 5 Empty Slate Trucks, Scatterable Debris, Incline Railway with real working Wind House provided by LGB & breakable channel, OO9 EZ Track for the Incline, EZ Command Center)

sorry dude if you look back on the boards we have discussed this before we may get the NG but it is HIGHLY unlikely

Michigan Railfan

Not to mention the sets too he listed would be well over $200 each. And there would definitly not be DCC equipped engines, and an EZ Command all in the same set. Also, the one with Gordon would also be costly. Gordon's set alone cost over $100, then add on NG engines and track? Way too expensive. And I just realized that I had the 666th post. lol

razgriz233

Quote from: JD417 on August 03, 2010, 05:06:49 AM
Quote from: Dalek1995 on August 03, 2010, 12:45:10 AM

Sir Topham Hatt
Mrs. Kindley
Two workman

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Rusty
Duncan
Ivo Hugh
Duke
Bertram
Mighty Mac
Freddie
Proteus
Gertrude & Millicent
Ada, Jane & Mabel
Crane
Red Coach
Green & Cream Coach
Blue Coach

sorry dude if you look back on the boards we have discussed this before we may get the NG but it is HIGHLY unlikely

well bachmann has surprised us a couple of times now, someone said that bachmann wont make bill and ben because they r too small but u never know