Previous topic - Next topic

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PerfectPercy

Quote from: razgriz233 on August 03, 2010, 12:24:49 PM
Quote from: JD417 on August 03, 2010, 05:06:49 AM
Quote from: Dalek1995 on August 03, 2010, 12:45:10 AM
Quote from: Chaz on July 29, 2010, 02:06:55 AM
Jack you have a good point... we do need to scale figures for a Thomas Bachmann layout.  Or maybe different sets of five or six.  An example of this would be:

Sir Topham Hatt
Mrs. Kindley
Two workman
...the butler! :D

Something like that for a pair of to scale figures for the Thomas range would be great.

You got the idea for the butler from watching WTLNetwork's poops, did you? 

Anyway, here's my wishlist:

Skarloey
Rheneas
Sir Handel
Peter Sam
Rusty
Duncan
Ivo Hugh
Duke
Bertram
Mighty Mac
Freddie
Proteus
Agnes, Ruth, Jemima, Lucy & Beatrice
Gertrude & Millicent
Ada, Jane & Mabel
Slate Truck #1-3 (Empty & Loaded)
Coal Truck (Empty, Loaded & Tarped Load)
Brown Truck (Empty, Loaded & Tarped Load)
Enclosed Van (Red, Blue & Brown)
Flatcar (Empty, 12t Van & Breakdown Train)
Crane
Brakevan (Red, Blue, Brown & Beatrice)
Red Coach
Green & Cream Coach
Blue Coach
Bogie Coach (Red, Blue, Green, Gertrude & Millicent)

Skarloey Starter Set (Includes Skarloey, Agnes, Lucy, Beatrice, Crovan's Gate Station, Oval of OO9 EZ Track, Gordon, Composite Coach, Brake Coach, Oval of HO EZ Track, 2 UL Listed Power Packs & Mr. Percival)

Rock n' Roll (Includes Exclusive DCC-Equipped Duncan with Rock n' Roll mechanism, Ruth, Jemima, Oval of OO9 EZ Track with special derail section & passing siding, DCC Equipped Rusty, Breakdown Train, Red Brakevan, Mr. Hugh, EZ Command Control Control & Shed)

Trucks! (Includes DCC-Equipped Rusty, DCC-Equipped Peter Sam, Unpowered Damaged Peter Sam, 3 Loaded Slate Trucks, 5 Empty Slate Trucks, Scatterable Debris, Incline Railway with real working Wind House provided by LGB & breakable channel, OO9 EZ Track for the Incline, EZ Command Center)

sorry dude if you look back on the boards we have discussed this before we may get the NG but it is HIGHLY unlikely

well bachmann has surprised us a couple of times now, someone said that bachmann wont make bill and ben because they r too small but u never know

Who would say that they were too small? Not too different from Percy. He's kinda small.

As for the spectacular list of narrow gauge items... Wow. Uh, I don't foresee most of of that ever being released (sorry that's as subtle as I could put it). I don't see Bachmann making DCC Thomas engines anytime soon either.

Maybe you could get a couple of kits and track, etc. and make a layout... Sounds like you want the whole Skarloey Railway...

jettrainfan

I want to see the. Jet engine! It was a real popular episode in the series and would actually not be hard to build. A small box and a metal tube attatched to a flat car. It could cost $15-20 and i'd buy 1 for laughs (replace the hook n loop with knuckles of coarse.  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PerfectPercy

Quote from: jettrainfan on August 04, 2010, 01:22:23 PM
I want to see the. Jet engine! It was a real popular episode in the series and would actually not be hard to build. A small box and a metal tube attatched to a flat car. It could cost $15-20 and i'd buy 1 for laughs (replace the hook n loop with knuckles of coarse.  ;)

It would cost more because if you wanted it to be the real "Jet Engine" flat car, it would need a motor if it were to really have the working jet (which would probably be its own motor. This own motor would run by itself under DC power though, so there goes realism, and whenever it is needed to be pulled, the Jet would be on. :P ::)

Just a thought if it were to be realistic with an engine.

Another thought would be no motor... but that would be boring! :P ;D

jettrainfan

i was thinking of making one myself with 2 pieces of copper connecting to the wheels, 2 wires connecting to that for the one end and another to a light bulb but the more i thought of it, the more it seemed to just not be the vision i originally had and that's why i put it up on the wish list thread  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PasqualeCS96

Or heres a crazy thought try to convert a Tomy/Trackmaster one or a take along one to HO, it would be alot less complicated. Also here is my updated list.
1.Duck
2.Oliver
3.Toad
4.BoCo
5.Stepeny
6.Updated James, Percy. and Thomas
7.Red branchline coaches
8.Quarry loads/trucks
9.Murdoch
10.Trevor                  
11.To scale TFC
12.Diesel
13.Arthur
14.Harvey
15. Something I think should have been made a while back.......
                          Spencer's Special "Brake" Coach

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on July 21, 2010, 12:43:41 PM
Who here thinks that Bachmann should sell the items in the Thomas Holiday set individually instead of buying the whole set or sell Holiday Thomas seperately and buy the cars in on small set like what Trackmaster does with some of their frieght cars. It could also work with other cars like buying three at one price like in one box could be T.T. 1, T.T. 2, & Scruffy or T.T. 3 or Milk van, Cream van, rasberry syrup van or V.Van, catlle truck and salt van in a diffrent set without the transformer,t racks ext. I think for 2011 Bachmann should start doing something like that.
i was actually thinking something like that! but when i imagined it, it was bill and ben, and donald and douglas, or (if bachmann comes out with them) Oliver, Toad, and S. C. Ruffey
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

shining time

SC ruffy was already made

PasqualeCS96

They could also do the same with say Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel and or Toby and Hennrietta and if they are ever made... Duck and a red branchline composite coach and a red branch line brake coach.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on August 05, 2010, 07:37:00 PM
Or heres a crazy thought try to convert a Tomy/Trackmaster one or a take along one to HO, it would be alot less complicated. Also here is my updated list.

As you were speaking of the Jet Engine, the Take Along version would be too small to work with, so..... it would be more complicated. The Tomy/Trackmaster Jet Engine would also be complicated because if someone wanted to make the engine glow or work like it should, we would be back where jettrainfan was talking about wiring a light bulb.

If anything let Bachmann deal with it.  :P

The Chaz Storm

If Donald and Douglas are delayed (which hopefully they won't) then I could see this happening in the HO Thomas range next year:
Donald and Douglas - If delayed, then confirmed.
Duck - I don't need to explain, now do I? :P
Spiteful Brake van - PERFECT for this kind of delay.  Maybe Bachmann could rename it "Troublesome brake van" but it seems appropriate to have this guy come out in the range with Donald and Douglas. 
Both red composite and brake coach - We've been expecting these to come out for a while now, hopefully they'll be out sooner than later. :)
Trevor the Traction Engine - Accessory for the year (since this year it's farmer mccoll and last year it was Terence).
Farmer McColl's barn - Kinda seems likely in terms of buildings in the HO range.
Knapford kit - I'm expecting this one to be delayed too. :P

shining time

weren't Both red composite and brake coach made when Gordon and Henry came out

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: shining time on August 08, 2010, 07:43:23 AM
weren't Both red composite and brake coach made when Gordon and Henry came out
Were talking about the red Branchlline coaches.

shining time

PasqualeCS96

Thats O.K. But why would the spiteful brakevan even be thought of by Bachmann?