Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG1onFordsDTandI

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 15, 2013, 01:03:07 PM
That quote is from over 5 years ago.

The age of the quote wouldn't be an issue if Michael was still posting ::), but he hasn't since 2010 :o.

But wouldn't it be great if he answered? ;D

thomasj219

Exactly, the odds of him responding are very slim, all I meant. You really expect him to?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TobyTheTram16

*New Wishlist*
Locomotives
Oliver
Rosie
BoCo
Stepney
Harvey
Arthur
Daisy
City of Truro
Neville
Murdoch
Stafford
Paxton
Stephen
Bear
D199
Rolling Stock
Red Coaches
China Clay Trucks
Toad
Rocky
Breakdown Train
Non-Rail
Trevor
Caroline
The Horrid Lorries
Elizabeth
Sir Topham Hatt's Car

Fergusfan17

Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on October 14, 2013, 04:17:06 PM
*New Wishlist*
Locomotives
Oliver
Rosie
BoCo
Stepney
Harvey
Arthur
Daisy
City of Truro
Neville
Murdoch
Stafford
Paxton
Stephen
Bear
D199
Rolling Stock
Red Coaches
China Clay Trucks
Toad
Rocky
Breakdown Train
Non-Rail
Trevor
Caroline
The Horrid Lorries
Elizabeth
Sir Topham Hatt's Car

All of these are good... But some are an either/or. Y'know?

TobyTheTram16

Y'know what? Not going to happen? I already figured it would be a while before some of them they're made or even announced. Theses are just wishes :)

Fergusfan17

Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on October 15, 2013, 08:03:33 PM
Y'know what? Not going to happen? I already figured it would be a while before some of them they're made or even announced. Theses are just wishes :)

I'm REALLY sorry, didn't want to come across that way, just meaning that Bachmann will probably make The Breakdown Crane OR Rocky, just not both as it would not make much sense. I'm  sorry.  :(

TobyTheTram16

Cirkit:)

AND I'M BACK!
For a moment.

Now that I know Arry and Bert are no longer on the waiting list, and Jeremy(for some  reason) is coming along.. my wishlist hasn't really changed.

Oliver, BoCo, Stepney and perhaps Rosie are still in place for the engines I think would be most likely(slash)/that I would want to come next, as are the 'Tree/Scrap/Bogie.. whatever that reeeally long wagon from "Henry's Forest" is called, The Red Branch Line coaches, The Breakdown Crane(or at least The Works Coach), and of course, Toad, to go with Oliver.

The same views still apply for the road characters. I'd like to see Bulgy and Trevor make their way in to the range, or a 'Horrid Lorry'(make Lorry 1 and you could easily repaint the numbers on the plates to 2 and 3), but I would like to see Elizabeth make her way in as well. It's something about her paintwork and the character in general that appeals to me, and certainly would appeal to the younger collectors as well!

I like the Large Scale, though I don't and probably will not be collecting them any time soon(I need the moneys), but an engine like Diesel and The Works Coach would work rather well I think as additions to that range.

Really thinking about it, out of all the not-so-likely engines that Bachmann could make in the HO range, I'd be jumping for joy if they made Daisy(because of her low front, I find it hard to imagine where they'd put her loop coupler), The Diesel, Stanley, Molly, or even Whiff.. One can dream, though, can't they?  ;)

TBModels

Pretty much the same wishes as everybody else!
ENGINES
-Oliver, Stepney, Harvey, Arthur, and BoCo
ROLLING STOCK
-Fish Van, new flatbed w/ load (Lumber, machinery etc.), Toad, and NW Breakvan
ROAD VEHICLES
-Trevor, Bulgy, Jack, and George
OTHER
-Mini Sir Topham Hatt & Driver

Chaz

So seeing as how the idea of train sets became popular in the everything Thomas thread I figured I'd post ideas behind what I think could work for new train sets.  I'm not expecting all of these to happen in the near future, but I feel like it's fun sharing the idea seeing as how train sets usually are not announced all that often. 
What I see happening:
Speed-activated sound Thomas set

If The speed-activated sound Thomas model itself proves to be popular, I don't see why Bachmann wouldn't make a set dedicated to it.  I imagine it would just include the speed-activated sound Thomas with Annie and Clarabel with an oval of track, no more or less then that.
Oliver freight set

All right, I'm sort of stretching on this one (pun intended with the pic), just because there is no Oliver model announced yet.  However, if a model were to be announced I could see it having serious potential for it's own train set.  It would include Oliver, SC Ruffey, two other various troublesome trucks (maybe 3 and 4), Toad, and an oval of track.  With SC Ruffey, and another inevitable addition Toad being strongly associated with Oliver, Bachmann could easily get away with making their own train set for him. 
Percy and James sets

I mentioned this earlier in the everything Thomas thread today, but I would hope that Bachmann could either make new sets for these two, or bring back their older ones and discontinue some of their previous sets like the Salty set or Thomas freight set just because Percy and James are big name characters and I think they deserve to have their own sets again in the HO line.  Especially since the Percy set is still available in the large scale line. 
Henry and the Flying Kipper Set

This is definitely wishful thinking on my part, but at the same time if Bachmann were to go the extra step beyond for this set I think it would be a very popular seller due to the flying kipper being popular amongst older fans.  Plus the flying kipper itself is making more appearances in the CGI series so it could be popular amongst younger fans too.  It would include Henry, a repainted mail car (BR blue to match CGI series), repainted ice cream wagon (grey), repainted ventilated van (brown), and hopefully a repainted brake van (black).  I can promise anyone that if the set were to include exclusive rolling stock, with it being simple repaints to look like vans from the flying kipper, that this will be a very popular set! 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

Nice set ideas Chaz :) I would definitely be in favor a Henry and the Flying Kipper set (especially due to its recent appearances in Season 17). And a Speed-Activated sound Thomas, I think, does have a possibility, as well as other speed-activated engines (I see Percy as the next candidate)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

seanrail

what about re-releasing wise as in what items should we wish for bachmann to bring back?

DinoNTrains

That would also be nice idea. I'd totally wish for the red express coaches back
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)