News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

well what i would like is the american-european type couplers to put on and then just screw on the thomas couplers

LastQ6

I'm still in favour of Rosie being made sometime in the near future, since she has become a popular Female character alongside Emily.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Diesel
2. Murdoch
3. Duck
4. Oliver
5. Harvey
6. Arthur
7. Neville
8. Fergus
9. Flora
10. Hank
11. Billy
12. Whiff

Though i put some of the new engines at the bottom of the list, i have no doubts about Hank being made, as the model that he is based on already exists in the Spectrum range.
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'm still desirous of Lady. Hornby's releasing a model of her early next year.

The Chaz Storm

Hornby making Lady...no...just no. :P  However at New Year's (UK time) they will announce what will come out in 2009 so we will find out what Hornby will have for us then.

Anyways back on topic, so yes Sparks Duck is very possible at this point, in fact I would be surprised if Duck or Diesel for that matter were not announced.  I think both are possible, and I could see the chance of Stanley being announced next year after Duck and Diesel are.  That's just me though.

alex wittman

i know i have said this before but i have done thinking, skarloey railway engines and wagons, but with bachmann N-scale track, well you guys will say that will never happen so don't waste your breath about it, but i thought it through, a little

Michael

I was at the store today, and I heard someone even complaining how hard HO/OO is for them.  I doubt they'd go smaller.   
Possibilities?  Think S8 and onwards.   I think those are the guys you can expect from Bachmann.  But February will only tell.   Hopefully Salty isnt the only one...

oldkentman

Hello everyone.  Brand new here. 

I just wanted to put my vote in for Rosie.  My daughter asks for her all the time.  This morning I told her maybe we could get Edward soon and she said maybe we could make Rosie.  When I said they don't make Rosie she repeated that maybe WE could make her.  I told her that I don't know how to make engines and she said "maybe if they give us constructions (instructions she meant) that we could make her." 

Anyway, one little girl would VERY much like Rosie in 09. 

My youngest just said "Thomas" for the first time yesterday.   

StanierJack

Quote from: oldkentman on December 27, 2008, 10:31:48 AM
Hello everyone.  Brand new here. 

I just wanted to put my vote in for Rosie.  My daughter asks for her all the time.  This morning I told her maybe we could get Edward soon and she said maybe we could make Rosie.  When I said they don't make Rosie she repeated that maybe WE could make her.  I told her that I don't know how to make engines and she said "maybe if they give us constructions (instructions she meant) that we could make her." 

If you want a nice cheeful model, I'd but the model power 0-4-0 and paint it like Rosie. Paint the wheels red and sand the face, applying a Tomy/Trackmaster face where smokebox detail once was.

Anyway, one little girl would VERY much like Rosie in 09. 

My youngest just said "Thomas" for the first time yesterday.  

Michael

Hmmm.....  you could get Thomas and paint it like her if you arent good at modelling.

The Chaz Storm

Hmm, Bachmann making Rosie is actually pretty possible at this point, not totally sure.  If I were you, I would wait until February after the New York toy fair when Bachmann makes new annoucements for the Thomas range.  I certainly don't want you to end up like how some people did with the Henrietta situation.  (AKA three people made Henrietta models right before Bachmann announced her being made into the range...) 

Michael

I know right?   We have got the steam team and Mavis and Spencer and Salty.

thomasj219

I hope they dont make Rosie NO OFFENCE but I would like them to stay with Series 1-7 Engines. I never really liked Rosie. THEY SHOULD MAKE DUCK OR DIESEL OR DONALD AND DOUGLAS                   HINT HINT ;) :D
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

The Chaz Storm

I think everyone would agree with you on that one, nothing can ever beat the original series/characters.  I hope we get more of the original characters too rather than newer characters, but I guess we have a lot of possibilities of old and new characters coming out by Bachmann so I guess you can never really tell who they are going to make. 

Hint: Salty being made surprised everyone.

Edit: For the sake of it here is a list of the top ten possible engines I could see coming by Bachmann (Not all at once of course, and certainly not confirmed).

Duck - For reasons mentioned above.  It seems reasonable to add engine number 8 to the range, not to mention he has become a lot more popular now, even with his recent appearences in Season 12

Diesel - As mentioned earlier, Diesel seems very possible at this point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he came into the range of announcements in 2009.  Plus we already have Mavis and Salty (two well known diesel engines) so it would make sense to add the diesel that started it all (If you guys take my meaning. ;) )

Donald and Douglas - It would be interesting to see both of them come out since they recently appeared in Seasons 11 and 12.  I don't think we will see Donald and Douglas in the range though until Duck would be announced or confirmed. (Engines 8, 9, and 10..). 

Bill and Ben - Bill and Ben do appear occasionally in the newer series, more than Harvey but not as much as Salty.  I think it would be really interesting seeing how Bill and Ben would turn out by Bachmann, especially the fact Hornby's is out of scale...

Oliver - Oliver I could see coming out too mainly because he played an imporatant part in Emily's character as in being the engine rescued with Thomas and his train.  Plus you got SC Ruffey made by Bachmann as well, so it would make sense if Oliver and Toad (Would be announced later too like what happened with Toby and Henrietta) would be made by Bachmann.  However, like Donald and Douglas, I think Duck would have to be made first before Oliver would.

Arry and Bert - Arry and Bert I would say are slightly possible.  Mainly because of the same case with Donald, Douglas, and Oliver being made after Duck, I could see Arry and Bert being made after Diesel would be made.  (The exact same thing Hornby and Lionel did...)

Harvey - Played a major role when he first came into Season 6 and was given the same treatment as Salty when Season 8 came in.  Before Salty was announced or made I thought both Salty and Harvey had the same odds and since Salty was made I think there is a good chance with Harvey.  It would be even better too if a breakdown train came out around that same time too. :P

Arthur - I think Arthur has a good chance of being made, if Bachmann would make Arthur he would look great!  Even if he hasn't appeared recently he is still somewhat kinda popular, but I must admit I am starting to think less and less it will happen.  But then again you never know.

Molly - Molly seems to be a fairly decent character into the newer series, I think she somewhat has a chance of being made, and possibly a better chance of being made than Arthur. 

Rosie - As I mentioned earlier, Rosie has become very popular into the newer series and even had her own Season 12 episode.  I can see Bachmann adding Rosie to their range.

Stanley - The Great Discovery was very successful (Much better than T&tMR and CAE, IMO).  Stanley seems to becoming very popular very fast, being added to so many ranges (Even the remote control Trackmaster range where the only engines are him and the three main engines).  Plus a lot of people including myself thought Hornby was going to make Stanley due to all of the Great Discovery buildings (including Stanley's Shed) which was a huge letdown when Hornby didn't announce him.  I think he is even possible to be added into the Bachmann range, not to mention I think Stanley would turn out to be a great addition to the range itself.

oldkentman

Thanks to everyone for responding so quickly and thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely wait and see if we are getting Rosie this year.  I don't like my chances of a decent do it yourself job.  We still have to get Edward and Mavis, so I am sure I can hold her off until the February announcement.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

TATMR isn't half bad. The Great Discovery is good, but I think HiT owes us for "Thomas, You're the Leader." >:(

I really want to see Duck, Lady, Rosie, the Scottish Twins, Oliver, and Toad. Isabel(and thus Dulcie, Alice, and Mirabel by way of slight face changes by us) would be nice, but since budget constraints forced them to leave her out that's just a pipe dream. Although who knows? Bachmann could go ERTL on us. Daisy and BoCo would be nice too. And Diesel. And Diesel 10(The claw would really sell that one). Old Slow Coach would also be cool to have. Picture this: Lady pulling Old Slow Coach and one or two other GWR clerestories.