News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldengine9

Quote from: Chaz on March 22, 2009, 02:31:34 AM
I think set wise, I don't think we will get any "Special Edition" sets.  Unless if it was something like Thomas and Bertie's Great Race or Percy Proves a Point set, etc. (Something that doesn't have an engine in a different sort of condition, (IE Thomas Comes to Breakfast, A Better View for Gordon, etc.)

Oh and some responses to donaldengine9's suggestions:

Hank, Flora, Hiro, Kevin, and Victor - WAY too soon to assume that they are coming out, maybe in the future.  I have my doubts on Season 12 and 13 characters, the only new Thomas character I can see having a chance being made would be Stanley.  Though I'm sure in time chances of Hiro being made will be much higher. ;)  Hiro looks like an awesome character, and I can definetely see him coming out, but much later though. 

RWS Donald and Douglas - Big no... Bachmann focuses on the TV series characters, if they were to make Donald and Douglas they would be in their original black colors like in the TV series. 

Gordon's Special coaches - Spencer's Special Coach has been done and they are pretty much the same model, just used for different purposes. 

Breakdown Train pack - I can see the breakdown train and works coach being sold seperately, not together though.

Narrow Gauge Engines - Not possible I'm afraid, I'll show you a post from our good friend Guilford Guy (modified post) who gave reasons to why the Narrow Gauge Engines will not be made:
Quote from: Guilford Guy on August 01, 2008, 07:27:39 PM
1. They don't make HOn2, and aren't going to start anytime soon since its an obscure scale in this country, very few model it, and they already are pleasing the narrow gauge crowd with On30, and 1:20.3.
2. So many more people by their Spectrum Equipment as opposed to the Toy Thomas Equipment, which is why they don't announce as much for Thomas as they do for their other HO equipment.
3. Its an obscure line in the show, so why would they focus on something seen less often.
4. It would require thousands of dollars to make the molds for something that won't sell well.
5. They'd have to engineer another line of track for the HOn2 stuff to run on.
6. HOn2 is too small for the market of small children that Bachmann is aiming to sell to.

They don't call it the WISHLIST Thread for nothing, you know.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Mind telling us something we DON'T know? ;)

donaldengine9

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 22, 2009, 01:38:40 PM
I think set wise, I don't think we will get any "Special Edition" sets.  Unless if it was something like Thomas and Bertie's Great Race or Percy Proves a Point set, etc. (Something that doesn't have an engine in a different sort of condition, (IE Thomas Comes to Breakfast, A Better View for Gordon, etc.)

Oh and some responses to donaldengine9's suggestions:

Hank, Flora, Hiro, Kevin, and Victor - WAY too soon to assume that they are coming out, maybe in the future.  I have my doubts on Season 12 and 13 characters, the only new Thomas character I can see having a chance being made would be Stanley.  Though I'm sure in time chances of Hiro being made will be much higher. ;)  Hiro looks like an awesome character, and I can definetely see him coming out, but much later though. 

RWS Donald and Douglas - Big no... Bachmann focuses on the TV series characters, if they were to make Donald and Douglas they would be in their original black colors like in the TV series. 

Gordon's Special coaches - Spencer's Special Coach has been done and they are pretty much the same model, just used for different purposes. 
Breakdown Train pack - I can see the breakdown train and works coach being sold seperately, not together though.

Narrow Gauge Engines - Not possible I'm afraid, I'll show you a post from our good friend Guilford Guy (modified post) who gave reasons to why the Narrow Gauge Engines will not be made:
Quote from: Guilford Guy on August 01, 2008, 07:27:39 PM
1. They don't make HOn2, and aren't going to start anytime soon since its an obscure scale in this country, very few model it, and they already are pleasing the narrow gauge crowd with On30, and 1:20.3.
2. So many more people by their Spectrum Equipment as opposed to the Toy Thomas Equipment, which is why they don't announce as much for Thomas as they do for their other HO equipment.
3. Its an obscure line in the show, so why would they focus on something seen less often.
4. It would require thousands of dollars to make the molds for something that won't sell well.
5. They'd have to engineer another line of track for the HOn2 stuff to run on.
6. HOn2 is too small for the market of small children that Bachmann is aiming to sell to.
I think what donaldengine9 meant by Gordon's Special coaches was the blue coaches.

That is EXACTLY what I meant.

Duke

The same with the Composite Coach too

My wishlist would be (in orderto come out).

---Trains---
  1. Duck
  2. Diesel
  3. 'Arry & Bert
  4. Stepney
  5. Donald & Douglas
  6. Oliver
  7. Harvey
  8. Bill & Ben
  9. Boco
10. Daisy

---Rolling Stock---
1. Toad
2. Breakedown train
3. Old Slowcoach
4. Trucks (kinda Salt Wagon) with smileyfaces
5. The Jet Engine

---Road---
Since Terence is underway. He's not on the list
1. Trevor
2. George
3. Caroline
4. Bulgy
5. Elizabeth

I would also like to see all the other trains, but this is my top 10.
And of course alle the narrow gauge engines.  ;)
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

alex wittman

well, i was thinking maybe the bachmann can make a Thomas and Friends Layout book so we can make some track configuration and put it away when we're done(HO scale, i don't want to go ahead to far) nickel-silver should be recommended.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I brought it up in the original wishlist thread (the one I started and this one replaced). And you are abso-frakking-lutely right. Although at least Bachmanns has valve gear.

alex wittman

hey come on guys give him a break, alright, sure you guys think that but that doesn't mean you can modify the models yourself instead of making Mr. Bachmann fell bad about it. just buy paint and supplies and just modify the models yourself. sorry if i sounded mad there but i am not. i am annoyed that you keep pestering bachmann to do things your way, those models were from probably 2000 or 2001 for all i know.

please stop pestering him about little things guys. he needs a thinking break, he has worked hard on the recent models and he deserves it.

sorry if i sounded mad back there but just lay off guys. please.

alex wittman

i have read it, and it was a very rude post so yes i have the models, and no i don't think they are nightmares but how about the economy right now, will there be enough money to modify those models?

(not to sound rude.)

StanierJack

Alex, I doubt you look at the locomotives as models, more as toys.

Both Sparks and I both like the Bachmann range, but James, Percy and Thomas are probably some of the worst items in the range. (They are good, but compare them to newer additions.)

Besides, asking for an item to be retooled is more likely then a character we have only seen a few times.

As Sparks said, Bachmann is a company, and I am sure that some wishes here are filtered through to them.

sodorlad

I'm glad somebody highlighted the issues with Thomas, Percy & James.

I can live with minor disimilarities in regards to paintwork and detailing, however, what the major problem is with the models (and it goes for Gordon and Henry too I might add) is that the scale is all wrong. And I've been saying this for the last 3 years.

Find an episode in which James is standing next to Gordon or Henry. He is considerably smaller than them. Stand the Bachmann models together and James is taller!

Find an episode of Edward standing next to Gordon or Henry. Edward is considerably smaller. Stand the Bachmann models together, Gordon and Henry are more or less the same size as Edward. I'd like to point out that my gripe isn't Edward here as I believe he is correct scale (In case one reads it that way)

Spencer towers over Gordon and Henry!

In the TV series, it actually SAYS and shows that Edward and James are the same size... need I say more.

Percy is also too large. And the face is not of the same quality of the latest releases.

Thomas I can live with... it's just the face really. And I suppose Gordon and Henry are good models too but they are too small.

I'd also like to agree with an earlier post about the quality of the Tomix models. Perfect scale and commendable detail in regards to the compact size of the models.

I don't understand HIT really. Why they weren't happy with Emily's face during production, but okay with other's. Or why they have authorised AT ALL the Hornby range. Seems a little bit odd. I want Bachmann James redone if I was head honcho!

I doubt it's financially viable for Bachmann to redo the models but it would be in my fantasy wishlist over a new engine any day.
Botheration...

sodorlad

I'd just like to add that I love Emily, Mavis, Edward, Spencer and Toby!

So as it doesn't seem I'm a total gripe!
Botheration...

Michigan Railfan

Sparks, I think I know why those 3 engines don't have front couplings. All except James, sort of, are shunting engines. In the show, you see Thomas pushing the cars hard, and they don't stick to the front. If he were to have front couplings, they would stay together. Also, even though I don't have her, many people are saying Mavis has horrible pulling power. If so, they could just put a new engine in her.

Michigan Railfan

Yeah, I see what you're saying. ;)

The Chaz Storm

I agree with this, newer versions of the Thomas, Percy and James models sound like a great idea to me!  Perhaps the older versions of the three models would be collectors items then if that were to happen. :P  But in all seriousness, I really think that newer versions of the first three models would be awesome.  I mean seeing as how much improvement Bachmann has made with their models now, makes me think about how much better newer versions of these models would turn out.   Like Mark said too, these I think would be bigger wants then new engines added to the range and maybe have a higher chance of being made too then new engines to the range altogether.   

SmokeyNSteamer

Quote from: Sparks on March 21, 2009, 12:19:25 AM
I doubt we'll be seeing any episode sets from Season 1-4. They're all too dated, and most kids won't recognize them. Besides, leave those little action sets for the Wooden Railways and stuff.

Actually, the PBS Sprout Cable Network has rerun the Season 1-4 episodes (S1 & S2 being Carlin re-dubs) on occasion, and these episodes are also available on many cable companies "Sprout On Demand" services.  I have literally caught up with what I missed by watching the older episodes On Demand!

So, little viewers who have watched T&F on Sprout will be already familiar with the older episodes!