News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donaldthescotishtwin

for the 2010 range PLEASE: engines: donald douglas duck rolling stock: the red coaches and old coaches buildings:tidmouth or knapford station

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well, I wished for that at some point. And that would be lovely.

sodorlad

I'm not sure about Donald and Douglas. I'm pretty sure the requests for Duck will sway HiT's decision and her will be produced, but ultimately the mass market is young children - not purists on a message board. So I think it's likely that characters which younger fans identify with, for example Rosie in particular, have a stronger chance. I also think Hiro has a very strong chance. HiT have put a lot of money into that character. He launched CGI and has a model made by most other manufacturers.

I think the breakdown train is unlikely as it hasn't been seen since the arrival of Rocky, and for the same reasons as above.
Botheration...

Santa Fe buff

Sparks,
What's the point of a breakdown train? We have workbenches!  ;) Now, that my humor is gone, I think it'll be funner to make one! Of course, I prefer if they would make one. I'd love to see if they would make an ATSF crane again with that tooling.

Cheers,
Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Indeed. How else could we re-enact the story in which Thomas was originally awarded his branchline?

James The Red Engine

Quote from: Sparks on January 12, 2010, 07:20:10 PM
Quote from: Santa Fe buff on January 12, 2010, 05:19:46 PM
Sparks,
What's the point of a breakdown train? We have workbenches!  ;) Now, that my humor is gone, I think it'll be funner to make one! Of course, I prefer if they would make one. I'd love to see if they would make an ATSF crane again with that tooling.

Cheers,
Joshua
Bachmann usually doesn't use USA toolings for the Thomas range. A breakdown train would fit well on any Thomas layout, as it's a classic icon of the series.  ;)

Atleast till they brought Rocky in...  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yes, but Rocky is newer. Compared to the Breakdown Train he's hardly classic.

The Chaz Storm

In terms of classics I think that would be seasons 1-4 but the farthest I would go in terms of classics would be season 7.  Season 8-beyond is NOT classic, and far from it. :P

Breakdown train > Rocky

StanierJack

Quote from: James The Red Engine on January 14, 2010, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Sparks on January 12, 2010, 07:20:10 PM
Quote from: Santa Fe buff on January 12, 2010, 05:19:46 PM
Sparks,

Cheers,
Joshua
Bachmann usually doesn't use USA toolings for the Thomas range. A breakdown train would fit well on any Thomas layout, as it's a classic icon of the series.  ;)

Atleast till they brought Rocky in...  :P

Since when has Rocky been a US prototype?

DealAjani

Thats the whole point. People don't seem to realize that Thomas is a British institution, and things such as Hank wouldn't really work.

That being said, I'd like to see Donald and Douglas.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I think what he meant was "the Breakdown train stopped being an icon after Rocky showed up".

The Chaz Storm

2011 Predictions - Because I can! :D
Engines:
Duck - Okay with Donald and Douglas confirmed for 2010, he HAS to come out next year. :P
Diesel - A great supporting character for Duck.  Perfect for Season 2, and Duck and Diesel trilogy.

Rolling stock:
Old coaches (composite and brake) - It can happen... :)
Breakdown train and works coach - A great addition for the HO range.

Accessories:
Trevor the Traction Engine - Great season 2 character, why not?

Large Scale:
Toby the tram engine, Henrietta, Bertie the Bus, and Harold the Helicopter. 

razgriz233

2011 Predictions - By Razgriz233
Engines:
Duck
Diesel
Oliver

Rolling stock:
Old coaches
Hector
Toad

Structures:
Knapford Station

Vehicles:
??????

Large Scale:
Gordon and the green express coaches

thomasj219

2011 Predictions

Engines:
Duck
Diesel
Oliver or an engine none of us would expect.

Rolling Stock:
Red Coaches
Breakdown Train & Works Coach
Toad

Vehicles:
Trevor

Large Scale:
Gordon
Henry
Green Express Coaches
Red Express Coaches

Almost the same as your two. ;D