News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C&S #9

Started by japasha, February 28, 2008, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japasha

Here's an opportunity for Bachmann to do a currently operating 3 foot gauge locomotive for On30. C&C #9 is the sole surviving  locomotive of its type. On another topic, a picture of #9 was shown with a snowplow attached. The restoration is fantastic, well worth a trip to Colorado.

This is a perfect chance for Bachmann to do a true spectrum version of the C&S mogul with a few versions, normal pilot, snowplow with curtains in the cab and the later and chunkier tender that most C&S moguls used after 1920. Come on, Bachmann, give us a mogul like the large scale Annie with all the detail upgrades. Besides, the larger tender will house DCC and sound.....

Woody Elmore

Don't forget the Beartrap spark arrestor! Since Bachmann is selling pilots with couplers, maybe they could come up with an optional snow plow in plastic. A Bachmann model would definitely require a new tender with proper trucks.

I recently sold my brass Overland models On3 C&S #9 via Ebay. It was probably my favorite C&S engine. Unfortunately, the time had come for me to streamline my On3 collection and it was the last unpainted locomotive that I had.

japasha

Woody,

It's one of my favories also. I have converted a Bachmann t#22 to On3 as well. I have an earlt 60s PFM C&S # 22 in both On3 and HOn3. I've had them so long they are a part of the family. I picked up a new in box PFM #22 in HOn3 in 1997 and promptly made it #21. . Presently, the real #9 is borrowing the tender from C&S #74 until it's own is repaired.

Chatzi473

yeah she is a nice looking engine and would be a great model but the C&S 9 ran one season on the Georgetown Loop and then do to a poor restoration job the engine is not run able. I do not know exactly what is wrong with her. Yeah she looked nice running but it was only for one season, hopefully they will get he back up and running again.

Kevin Strong

Almost enough to make an EBT fan like Colorado locos...

Here's a piece on the loco's restoration and return to service.
http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=20074@kcnc.dayport.com
Sorry about the commercial at the beginning, but I gotta eat...

Later,

K

felix

"Since Bachmann is selling pilots with couplers, maybe they could come up with an optional snow plow in plastic."
May I say Amen to that, Woody?!

Felix