News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer photo gallery

Started by traingeek, March 01, 2008, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traingeek

Greetings Bachmann,  Ever thought of having a photo gallery on the website for customers to post pix of what they are doing with your wonderful products ?   Also, I'm elated about the On30 underframes, now what about tenders being sold separately ?  Thanx, Dave

Yampa Bob

I'm not the Bach-mann, but I think if something is unique or special it deserves a separate thread.  That way it may inspire others, they  can ask questions, or maybe give advice if asked for.  It makes the project more personal to share that way and gets others involved. 

Bandwidth is expensive, that's why Bachmann requires members to upload pictures to photo hosting sites, not directly to this site.  I have seen galleries with many no show images due to broken links.  If a link on a thread is broken, it doesn't affect anything else.

Over the past year, I have seen many suggestions to add more sections, specialty ones  apart from scales and general discussion. For what it's worth, I like it fine the way it is. I have seen forums so diversified in sections that it seemed like secular groups of "members only".   It also makes it more difficult for administrators to monitor.  Mr B, please don't change a thing.  My nickel for today.

Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Loco Bill Canelos

I don't know if policy has changed but you used to be able to get pictured into the gallery somehow.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!