2-6- Lighted model pwer steam #605 Loco

Started by usher42, April 28, 2008, 01:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usher42

I have santa fe # 605 ,2-6-0 loco. andit wont run at all when the power on and my other locos run ok. but he model power #605 2-6-0 loco wont move at all. Any suggestions.

SteamGene

How old is the model?
DC or DCC?
Are their wires between the loco and the tender? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

usher42

I'm not sure how it is but it dc, how can i tell about wires on it, is there any way i can open it to see where the wires located.

SteamGene

If there are wires between the loco and tender you can see them.  I don't know about Model Power, but there should be some screws in the bottom of the tender - not the ones holding the tender trucks -which should separate the shell from the bottom. 
Did you buy this new?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

usher42

Thats2-6-0 model power steam #605 locomotive

Santa Fe buff

Acutally, you can write it as 2-6-, only because the last digit is 0, It's kinda like saying vid, or pic. instead of video or picture...Check the engine, I might have a wiring problem instead the engine itself, and where did you buy it, I'm looking for a large steamer in ATSF like that, not that it a layout in older times like the 40s, but mine is in the early to late 1990s, where specail steam runs were done by ATSF, And I Really Want One...
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

Maybe one can, but by convention, one doesn't.   It's a 2-6-0.  The reason for that is that without the numeral one doesn't know if the last number be an ")," a "2," or even a "4."  (I think I heard about a European loco of that design. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Guilford Guy

Its pronounced O, and there aren't many silent O's.
Alex

SteamGene

First of all, the "J" in my last post, should have been a "1."  My goof.  Now, my last question was along the lines of "Is it new?"  Your response was to tell me again that it's a "...MP steam #605 loco..." which I already know. 
The questions have a purpose.  If you want help, please clarify yourself.  Proof reading is a virtue.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Santa Fe buff

True, unless you don't care what you post...

Like this:

Sunta fa buef-

You still can make it out. But if thats because your mind has a pre-state, reading the fourm, you see 'Santa Fe buff' here and there. It is why you can see faces in cars, or in clouds, you mind thinks of comparsions, pretty cool huh. Oh, the whole proof reading, yeah, you do need to do it.
In a beginning post, someone said, 'I want an HO -something-'
And I say, 'What scale is it in?'
you should also read the fine print too.
- Joshua Bauer