News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

John Bull srack

Started by George Koch, March 03, 2008, 03:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Koch

John Bull currently has a very large radius in curved track.  Would like to narrow that radius to fit an area 26" by 58" Is this track available?  Current track has plastic snap together fittings.  Thanks George

Guilford Guy

Bachmann makes 24", 22" 18" and 15" radii curves. I believe the John bull will take at least 18, and possibly 15 being a very short wheelbase locomotive.
Alex

Yampa Bob

John Bull comes with 18" track, it may run on 15 which would take about 33" of width.  So the answer is, "no".  Best to just expand the board to about 42" for the 18 you have.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

SteamGene

Actually, that is a very tight radius.  I would think that it would handle 15," which is as tight as it gets in sectional HO track.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

TonyD

buy a couple yards of flex track, pin it down to the diameter you want it to fit in. the train will either stay on the track or it won't. Snap track is very restrictive.... flex track is very versitile....and you need to experiment with your Bull, and bank the curves while you're at it... personally, I think it could run around a party pizza....
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler