News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Getting Spare Parts

Started by Sourdoh, March 02, 2008, 06:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourdoh

I have several Bachmann locos and I want to do some changes to them. Do you provide the different parts that are shipped with different models of the same locomotive, separately? I need a straight stack for 2 of my 2-Truck Shays, Oil Bunker shells for both of them too (they are currently coal loads), and the Snowplow and hardware for it for the K-27. I'm sure there are others who would like to get these items to convert their locos as well.

Cascade Northern

If your shays were unlettered and brand new, then there should be a bag of parts included that have different bunkers and stacks.
As for the K27 parts, a bag of parts are in the works from what I here.

the Bach-man

Dear Sour,
Generally, no, unless the service department happens to have the part you need from an unrepairable loco. Call them to find out if they can help with your particular need.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jpipkin

Every so often you might get lucky in checking with the service department; I have over the years.  At present I need a new wood style Porter cab to back date a saddle tank Porter.  Unfortunately for me the Porter is a very good locomotive with few service issues.

Jim

Loco Bill Canelos

I have found the service department to go out of their way to help as much as possibled,  sometimes it takes awhile, but they really do a great job.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!