Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Billboard Reefers

Started by Mark Oles, February 28, 2008, 01:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Oles

Hey Bachmann,

Here's a change for you.

Is the Dogfish Head IPA Reefer for their 60 Minute IPA or their 90 Minute IPA.  Just wondering.  The engineer likes both flavors, but prefers that 90 minute if given a choice.  Maybe you should have the brewery load up a reefer of each and forward to Philly so you can judge for yourself.

Edit:  I thought I recalled seeing an On30 version, and looked through the pictures, and whammy! there's a test shot of the IPA reefer, and 90 minute.   Is the artwork for both models the same?

Mark

Loco Bill Canelos

I have a copy of a photo of the Dog Fish Head IPA reefer which was listed as Item 98695 in the 2007 Catalog with no picture.  It is a G item rather than On30

It is supposedly a pre producton picture.

The pic  shows Dark Brown ends and roof with golden tan sides.  The end lettering is white and the side lettering is a brick red.  I haven't seen one yet, but the picture is sure nice!!

Maybe the Bach man will enlighten us on the details & status!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Both scales are available now, and they're 90 Minute IPA.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Wade Colyer

It's the 90 minute IPA. I just got the 2007 large scale cars from Trainworld.The East Broad Top boxcar 93330 is shown in the 2008 catalog in caboose red but the two I got were boxcar red. They aren't listed on their web site but they are all in stock.

Wade

Loco Bill Canelos

Wade,  Did you get the new C&S Boxcar?   I still haven't seen one yet!!  The WPY Boxcar is a looker though.

Hope to see you in York.

Wade Colyer

Hi Bill:

The C&S boxcar is a dark brown. All the cars are shown in the 2008 catalog but the EBT is a darker red. The only new car for 2008 is a 175th Anniversary boxcar.

I have vacation for York. I'm only 2 hours north of York so let me know your plans. I hope we can get together so you can shoot some pictures of anything I have for your book.

Wade

If you want to do a Google map, I'm at 65 Airport Hill Road, Lewistown, PA, 17044 and the York Fairground is 334 Carlisle Ave, York, PA, 17403

VirginiaCentral

What is a 90 minute IPA???
Jerry Kay
Big Sandy & Cumberland Garden Railroad
Virginia Central & New River Railway & Navigation Co.
"I love the smell of coal smoke in the morning!"

the Bach-man

Dear VC,
IPA is India Pale Ale. You'll have to check with Dogfish regarding the timing.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Mark Oles

VC,

It has something to do with the way they brew it.  The 60 minute and 90 minute are actually quite different.  Here's a link to the brewery itself:

www.dogfish.com

and more specifically, to the 90 minute IPA:

http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Year_Round_Beers/90_Minute_IPA/11/index.htm

These guys make great ales!  And the 90 Minute IPA is definetly worth a taste.  From what I have heard, the resturant has good food too.  I've never been to the brewery, but one of these years, we'll make it there!

Thanks for the updates, guys!  I might  have to get these two reefers in a couple weeks...

Mark

Loco Bill Canelos

Wade.

I still don't have a 2008 Catalog, and so will look forward to getting one!  

We plan to fly into Philadelphia and rent a car, and will fly back out of Philadelphia on Sunday.   I will email you when I get more details, I am hoping to get in a days visit with Bachmann, possibly  Wednsday or Thursday maybe your place Thursday or Friday and the show on Saturday.