News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

acela ho couplers

Started by dkent22, March 05, 2008, 11:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkent22

I recently bought a new acela engine ho as my original one crashed and burned. It came with knucle couplers instead of the bar couplers with the original set. What can I do to couple my passenger cars from the original set to the new engine? The new engine couplers are similar to kadee #148

the Bach-man

Dear DK,
You have apparently purchased an HHP-8, which pulls standard Amfleet cars, not the Acela Express trainset cars. You should be able to exchange it for an Acela power car, or consider adding the correct rolling stock.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

dkent22

What would the correct rolling stock be?

T-95

Amfleets,  dude, Amfleets in Acela colors.

dkent22

Amfleets, Dude? Are you kidding me? This is the most detailed response available on this forum?

Guilford Guy

Alex

Dr EMD

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

dkent22

Thanks to Guilford Guy and Dr EMD for the response. This info was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

Clear Block

Does anyone know if they sell couplers separate or do I only buy them via an add on car?

I need one Acela short coupler,  I was thinking about buying one add on car and hoping it comes with 1 of each one long and one short coupler.  I have the Acela set with the 3 cars that it came with and that's it.

What car's make up an Acela consist (first class,business class, bar car) and what other cars do I need to buy to make one full length Prototypical consist.

Mike

Clear block- Contact service for the replacement couplers. The last time  I called, they had extras on hand. As for the Acela consist: two engines, one cafe car, one first class, three business class, and one end business class.- Mike

T-95

Just trying to help; one cant do much when posting a reply with a PSP.  :-\

Clear Block

Thanks for the Acela info.