News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Amtrak Passenger Cars

Started by usher42, March 06, 2008, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usher42

I have amtrak phase 3 passenger cars but the couplers dont hook together much,Should i get couplers with longer shafts?

Conrail Quality

Are you trying to couple them on a curve? You should couple them on straight track whenever possible.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

usher42

yes i'm trying the curve on both 18 radiius and 22 curves track

sour rails

18" r. curves are the worst to couple cars together, even with the 40' replicas.  When coupling cars together on curves, the wider the curve, the better;  with longer cars, such as these, you will need even wider curves still.  Putting it all on track, it is absolutely undesirable to couple cars together on curves, since each couple is at an angle instead of straight.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Guilford Guy

Are they at different heights? Do they uncouple at certain points around the track? or at Random?
Alex

sour rails

He did not say they uncouple; he simply said they don't couple.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

usher42

Quote from: Conrail Quality on March 06, 2008, 09:24:30 PM
Are you trying to couple them on a curve? You should couple them on straight track whenever possible.

Timothy
I have 22"radius curves , how can i put 9" straights on each ends. i can do it with 18" radius curves with 9"straghts but it wont with 22 " curves. any suggestions

Guilford Guy

Use 8 pieces of 22" radii on each end of the oval, and 9" straights to connect these 2 semi circles.
Alex