Taking the Shell Off of a Bachman F-9A or FT-A Unit

Started by BradKT, March 05, 2008, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradKT

This may sound like a stupid question, but how does the shell come off of a Bachmann F-9A or a Bachmann FT-A Unit?  I saw the two screws holding the fuel tank on and I took that off, but the shell still didn't come off.  The diagram that comes with the unit isn't particularly helpful. 

I don't want to break the shell, so I thought that I would ask first from anyone who had some experience.

the Bach-man

Dear Brad,
The shell is held on by four screws, two on each side of the fuel tank. The tank does not have to be removed first.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

BradKT

Thank you.  it worked beautifully! 

I am glad that I waited to hear from you first before doing anything.

Yampa Bob

That's ok Brad, I've been trying to get the shell off a Bachmann GP40 for weeks, still no luck.  Maybe Mr B will  come back in and help me too. 

You're lucky, mine doesn't have any screws that I can see, just hidden clips.  Very frustrating.  The picture shows the clips, but it seems you have to practically break the shell to get it off.  I have considered a bigger hammer.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear bob,
The fuel tank will pop off, revealing the two screws which will release the shell.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Yampa Bob

Mr B.
Thank you very much, it came right off.  I should have asked you a long time ago.
I kept thinking it can't be this hard, but was afraid to break it.  I love my GPs.

Thanks again   :D

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.