News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ-Command connector cords

Started by hotrainlover, March 07, 2008, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

Mr. Bachmann,
Have you all thought of making LONGER connection cords for this system?  Is there "After Market" extended lengths available?  One CAN connect a longer cable for the "TO TRACK" connections, but the Power Supply cord cannot be extended??!  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Yampa Bob

Since the EZ Command does not have an off/on switch, the best procedure is to attach a multiple outlet power strip to the table.  The master switch will then turn off all accessories you may have, including the EZ wallwart.

If you want a remote controller,  you need to add their extension  panel and use a walkaround cab.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear HO,
That's what the EZ Companion is for!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Running Bear

It's explained on the BEZ-Command DVD how to use extension cables to turn your EZ-Command controller into a walk-around throttle. It's very easy to do.
Running Bear

hotrainlover

Dear All,
Yes, I know about the Walk Around Companion.  I will eventually have to purchase it.  I was just wanting the power cord, and the Red connector wires to be close to the same length: so I would not put strain on either cord.  My current walking area is limited to about 14 feet (The front of the Layout).  I just wanted a "Quick fix" untill I build my new control pannel.....   Thanks for all the advice!

Yampa Bob

I guess the quickest fix would be an extension cord from the wall to the walwart.  I put a switched power strip on the layout table, it also has a master switch and indicator lights.  It is actually just a surge protector from Radio Shack.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.