News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ah Ha!!!!!

Started by Trainguy95, March 08, 2008, 07:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainguy95

Ok I'm sure that most of you guys know about one of my earlier posts 'No Traction?' so I need some more help with this problem. The Ah Ha!! comes from the fact that I have found the problem. The rear tires are working fine on the loco but the front aren't spinning at all. I am not sure if it is that the shaft that connects the motor and the wheels is disconnected or if the gears are stripped out or if something is lodged in the gears and is restraining movement. What I need help on is fixing it. I would like to try to fix it myself and I know how to get to its "guts" but I am not sure how to fix it when I get there. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,
           Trainguy

taz-of-boyds

The first test is o get inside and turn the gears by hand from the motor to the truck (which should be a worm gear over the truck) that is not working and see what it looks like from that point.  If it moves the wheels but not the motor there is a problem from the gear to the motor connection.

If it is still stuck, it seems there is a problem in the gearing in the truck.  You will have to remove that from the loco and take it apart and see what the problem is.

Charles