News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4 track mainlines using easy track

Started by Penn_senseless, March 09, 2008, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn_senseless

Hi all...

I want to use bachmann ez track to model the 4 track mainline of the ol Pennsylvania Railroad. Are there enough variety of radii to do the 4 track curves, and has anyone done this. Thanks

ripvanwnkl

EZ Track has at least seven curve radii:  35 1/2", 33 1/4", 28", 26", 22", 18", and 15", so should be no problem for four main lines.

Good luck,   
Dave
USAF (Retired)

Atlantic Central

BUT, since those radi provide spacings that are both inconsistant and much wider than prototype or NMRA standards, if you really want it to look right there is really only one answer - FLEX TRACK

Sheldon

sour rails

If I were building a 4-track main, I would use the 26" and 28" to form one double and the 33.25" and 35.5" for the other.  If space would not allow that, I'd substitute the larger double with the 26" and 28", providing that on the outer double use 2.25" or 3" straights to allow longer travel so your tracks won't cross.  However, to look more real, use flex track.

Since we're talking about curve radii, I've always thought that Bachmann needs to make 20" and 24" also.  This way, with equal spacing, you can range from 18" to 24" for a 4-track main, or a larger range from 22" to 28". ;D
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

BIG BEAR

Hey Guys,

Another option would be to use the same radius with a 2 or 3 in. straight
pc. on the outside edge. See # 10
    http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalog/bach_track.php

Enjoy,
                        Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.