News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Porter and 10 Wheeler headlamps

Started by John S, March 12, 2008, 09:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I recently radio controlled a Bachmann 0-4-0 Porter and a 10 Wheeler using RCS EVO-B2 electronic speed controllers and Futaba radios. The installations went well and the locomotives run well especially at very low speeds. I used 2000 milliamp hour AA batteries, 8 for the Porter and 10 for the 10 Wheeler. Top scale speed is reasonable for a small RR.

Unfortunately I blew out the Porter headlight and the 10 Wheeler backing light. On the Porter I did not know the pcb I removed contained a restance for the headlamp. On the 10 Wheeler I could not find a discrete resistor in the tender and assumed it must be in the locomotive.

I need to know how to obtain replacement LEDs or light assemblies and what value series resistance to use. I want to retain the Bachmann dim yellow orange looking lights.

Steve Stockham

Honestly, I'd give a call to Dave Goodson (curmudgeon) at Northwest Remote Control Systems (NWRCS) as he replaces most of our yellow lights with brighter bulbs and he probably has a whole box of those yellow ones! ;) Just Google NWRCS and you'll get his website. He can also give you tips on exactly what resistor and how to mount it! :)

Cascade Northern