News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Western Reefers

Started by OldStone, March 10, 2008, 10:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldStone

Dear Bach-Man:
How about taking up a collection at the office....to send out West the guy who does the "hand-shake deals" with small breweries.  To somewhere  such as Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc.  Some of them have great logos (moose, elk, bears, snow-capped mountains, etc.) which would look great on a reefer intended for one of our western logging or mining layouts.  It's un-American to keep him locked up on the East Coast.  You could even go yourself, if you had to!
Cheers

the Bach-man

Dear OldStone,
What a great idea! I am willing to make the sacrifice!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

amdaylight

Hey,

You had your chance when you came to Portland and if you ever get this way again we will do some research, I would have even helped with the research, McMenamins, Hood River, Deschutes, Red Hook, Slow Elk, Moose Drool and I don't know how many more in the great North West.

Andre ::) ;D ::) ;D

kenruof

Mr Bach-Man,

How about some none Beer reefers, like swift, armor etc...

Thanks
Ken

OldStone

Dear Bach-man:
You see?  You already have a trustworthy, loyal, helpful, etc. research assistant.  I believe Andre has volunteered and seems quite knowledgeable on our subject matter.  Can you imagine someone with the courage to name his product "Moose Drool"?  Out west, men are men!  Can you imagine a whole boxcar (reefer) of "Moose Drool" parked in the logging camp or at the Ophir & Oro Mine?  Once discovered by visiters, it would be the hit of the layout!  I suspect that once you give the word other assistants will come forth with suggestions equal to Andre's.  It could take weeks, or even months, to "sample" all the possibilities and finalize the necessary agreements.  But...you did say you were ready to sacrifice!
Cheers

Ken

Bachmann
  A side trip or two to the GWN and you could add The Three Stooges,
Midnight Sun, BlackHeart,Paddy Whack IPA, Face Plant, Liplock, Afterdark   & Tall Timber Ale for those logger types.

Ken
    GWN

amdaylight

Just to show what Moose Drools label looks like. Big Sky Brewing has some other good labels too.

Andre

[attachment deleted by admin]

Woody Elmore

There is a Canadian beer called Moose Head. A reefer would fit in nicely with Maine two feet gauge trains.

Ken

Woody

As a side note a car of MooseHead in Spainish, would be great!.

"The Beer Bandit Caper"  ISBN 1-55109-546-7

Deals with the theft of 50,000 cans of Moosehead heading for Mexico
August  18 2004. <G>.

Ken
     GWN

br549

A strong second on the Packing house reffers.   ;)

japasha

While billboard reefers are a lot of fun, they really didn't exist on western narrow gauge lines. That doesn't mean we can't have them. Some of you enterprising guys could make them yourselves.

Now, if I were to have a billboard reefer, how about Bear Whiz Beer? About 15 years ago there were some enterprising guys that actually put thisstuff out and offered a 1:22.5 reefer to go with it. I don't think I have to explain what the logo looked like, a bear whizzing in a local stream.

About the only thing that was a billboard on the D&RGW Narrow gauge were the Granps oil cars, outside of any graffiti