News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 4-8-2....Light Mountain Steamer

Started by gsjcas, March 13, 2008, 12:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsjcas

:) :) :) :)  Just bought a 4-8-2 Light Mountain....WOW....This thing is absolutely gorgeous....I am thrilled with its appearance.....However, I wish I could say the same for its performance....WOW again.....It barely runs.....Slow man Slow.....Whats up with that.???? I am not a mechanical genius with this sort of thing , but is there anything I can do to get this beautiful engine to run like it looks.???? you know a screw here and a screw there????? It is my worst "runner" by far on my empire. Need help on this one.  Anyone Please.....Do you have any suggestions. This engine is just to good lookin to run like this........Awaiting anyones reply....Thanks
Trainman

johnd

Trainman,

I am a newbie so what do I know but I found that new engines (and even old ones that have not been run for awhile) get better and better the longer you run them. Run it in a oval or whatever for a couple of hours - change speeds once in awhile. Sure seems to help alot.

taz-of-boyds

A figure eight test & break-in track helps with more even break-in too since the loco turns in both directions.
Charles

jring528

I had the same experience. I was happy with its looks and eager to run it but it was dead.Sent it to Bachmann and 5 weeks later they sent me a new one.It appears to be a newer run.It runs decent and seems to get better the more I run it.