News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recommended Turnouts

Started by johnd, March 09, 2008, 06:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd

Just had my second N gauge turnout short out. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden I had a short. Drove me nuts for awhile. One switch was humming. Took it apart  and the insulation on one of the green wires was striped from the wire where the 3 wires were pulled apart and touching the bottom metal plate.  Very poor workmanship. Don't know if I should be mad at Bachmann or the Chinese person that put this together.

I want to run trains and not spend hours trying to get poor quality parts to work.

What is everyone's favorite turnout? How do you connect it to EZ Track?

Thank you.

Yampa Bob

John
You might want to move this thread to the N scale section.  I can only help you with HO gauge, for which there are options such as Atlas, Peco and others. I suppose the smaller ones are more troublesome.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

johnd

Thanks Bob. Got into a habit of putting things here. Seem to get a quicker response than if you post in N scale.  More people read this and Ho than N.
Do you have a turnout preference for HO?

Yampa Bob

Hi John
Well, I do have a preference but would rather not state it on this forum. I just now started a thread called "Turnout Expert" in the HO section.  If you review that you might have an idea what to look for in a quality turnout.

As for the shorting out, I use mostly manual turnouts with Caboose Industries spring loaded throws.  I haven't had any problems with 3 remotes I have.

If you have any more questions, we might get together on email and discuss it if you want.

Bob

johnd

Thanks Bob. Sent you an eMail through this system but not sure where or if it went!!!!!!

Guilford Guy

Alex

Yampa Bob

John
The forum messaging system doesn't work.  You have to make your email visible and I will write you.   I'll check back later.

Bob

johnd

Hey Bob,

Took me awhile but I finally figured out how. EMail me when your done with your afternoon nap!!!!!

pdlethbridge