News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Counter weights and air wire 900

Started by mudhen, March 13, 2008, 07:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudhen

Just sent my K-27 to Bachmann to have the counter weights repaired. Its not the repair that bothers me, but up to last, Saturday I didnt even know there was a counter weight problem, and I would not have known except for this web sight. I guess living in Barrie, Ontario, an hours drive from Toronto, tells me that Canadian are like mushrooms, left in the dark and **** on.
But I an going to changing that, by informing club member in the area about this recall or fix. Now that I have that off my chest.
I am thinking of installing the Air Wire 900 Into my K-27 and the sound system is the 2k2. Never having installed either, I wish to place the battery's in a stock car ( an amc cattle car ) and attach it to the tender. Any help in installing the Air Wire, Sound system would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any help........  Mudhen

Greg Elmassian

Why not put everything in the trailing car, since you have the sound system and the batteries there already?

Just a starting suggestion.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

mudhen

Quote from: Greg Elmassian on March 14, 2008, 04:16:41 PM
Why not put everything in the trailing car, since you have the sound system and the batteries there already?

Just a starting suggestion.

Regards, Greg
Thanks Greg. I haven't purchased the batteries yet and don't know the space available in the tender . That will be my first choice for installation.
But I am told the air wire circuit board should be installed vertically with room for air circulation around it because it runs hot and should have lots of cooling area so as not to over heat and possibly melt the tender.
Have you heard of this.
Thanks Mudhe

Greg Elmassian

Almost every electronic device that handles current will dissipate heat.

Yes, have heard they can make heat.

I would not worry about melting the tender, but to make your task easier, and since you were going to put the batteries in the stock car, which would be wonderfully ventilated, I would consider putting everything in the trainling car.

This would mean you would have to run the motor and lamp leads from the loco to the tender to the trail car. I believe all of those wires are already in the tender.

I'd be interested in TOC's opinion, this is more his arena.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com