News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cutting EZ Track

Started by Vinny, February 24, 2007, 09:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

I need some advice concerning EZ Track. I model in N scale and I have to cut some pieces to fit my track plan. What is the best way to cut the EZ Track? I tried a model saw and it worked well but I need to remove a tie from the cut edge. Do I have to remove the rails and reinstall them? Thanks.

???

the Bach-man

Dear Vinny,
Use an Xacto knife to trim the ties. Work it carefully under the tie first, then use the point to cut under each rail.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Vinny

What type of Xacto knife do you recommend and how do I get the blade from lifting up the rail?

Seasaltchap

Vinny: "When you have done learned that my son, you will be a Scratch Builder!"
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Vinny

Well, I've already ruined three pieces of track trying to figure it out. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your feedback.

Vinny

Seasaltchap

Have you tried a "Dremel" with a wheel.

DON'T FORGET TO WEAR EYE PROTECTION!
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

GlennW

Vinny:
After cutting the track you may need to trim off the plastic "spikes" and a bit of a tie to put the rail joiners on. You may also need to file off some flash.

Next time you may want to build a rail jig or mitre box to hold the rail steady while cutting it.

Vinny

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's help.