E-Z Command 'Dynamis'

Started by hgcHO, March 15, 2008, 10:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Anybody with feedback on this?

HGC

Yampa Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

daveb

Here is a copy of the message I posted during January and I have so far found no reason to change my opinion.

"I am, so far, very satisfied with my unit, it is very comfortable to use and does what it is advertised to do. I have not used it for any extensive use of programming cv's as I have a SPROG and programming track connected to my PC which I use in conjunction with DecoderPro software for setting up decoders.

I have found it necessary to disable it's automatic timeout when communication fails between the handheld unit and control box as every time I put the handheld down out of near line of sight of the control box, 10 seconds later everything would come to a halt. This is user configurable.

One minor irritation that there appears to be no way of sorting the loco roster, it remains in the order in which it is loaded which may be fine until you start adding and deleting.

I have no experience of other systems apart from the original EZ-Command
but would not hesitate to recommend the Dynamis."

Dave

Santa Fe buff

I found this on this website, it tells all you need to know:
    Bachmann, I did copy this from this site, I don't think it counts as copyright, after all, I just posted it on the same site:

E-Z Command Dynamis® allows the operator total freedom by integrating advanced infrared wireless technology into an affordable and powerful Digital Command Control System. Using a unique toggle style joystick, both speed and selection of locomotive are controlled. A backlit LCD screen with graphical interface and easy-to-use menu buttons make programming of CVs and operation of the unit simplicity itself. Special Features

two-way wireless infrared operation
    constant digital information updates of handset commands to locomotive, and of locomotive performance back to handset
    joystick control for locomotive selection and speed
    programming on the main
    9,999 locomotive addresses
    supports 14, 28 or 128 speed steps
    full CV programming
    turnout and accessory control
    easy-to-use backlit LCD screen
    control of up to 40 locomotives at any one time (up to 21 functions per locomotive)
    allows 40 consists of up to five locomotives each
    universally compatible track connection
    expandable modular design
    four AAA batteries included
    suitable for all layouts, from train sets to sophisticated railroads
    2.3 amp power supply
    conforms to all applicable NMRA standards [/li]

Shipping Now!
MSRP: $300.00
Visit your favorite hobby retailer and order yours today!

Hmmmm, $300.00, I better save it for colleage.
- Joshua Bauer

hgcHO

Thanks to the respondents - I did check out the site and appreciate the opinion daveb.   Will consider for  a future purchase.  It appears quite powerful - knowing not to get body between sender and pickup.

HGC