News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hey Bach-man

Started by FreshFish, March 16, 2008, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshFish

Hey folks, I have a 1970's model Texas 2-10-4 that I need to replace the headlamp on...Question is how does one do it...Having a problem of removing the shell off the chassis after removing the three screws ?? Thanks.

the Bach-man

Dear Fish,
I'm in Kansas City, but, with the Blessing, will be home tomorrow. I'll see if I have any old exploded diagrams that will help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

FreshFish

Sweet, I appreciate the effort !! Thanks.

SteamGene

"With the Blessing" - are you quoting Dr. Steven Matarin, secret agent here?  ::)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Hi, Gene-
No, Dr. Stephen Maturin, Naval Surgeon and particular friend of Captain Aubrey of the Royal Navy...but I should never be pedantic, for all love, particularly on this day of days- the shame of it...
; )
the Bach-man

the Bach-man

Dear Fish,
I found my 1990 exploded diagram book, and it shows that after the three screws are removed, the chassis underframe will drop off, releasing the driver/frame/motor assembly.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

SteamGene

I give you joy for your return and I crave your pardon for my misspellings.  Sure, and nay a drap of the Irish have I had, though I had a tin of the lager with me sup, I did.
And 'tis a glorious day, though tomorrow's a grandson's birthday.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

gatored

I have a 0-6-0 Saddle Tank Switcher.  The instructions and breakout are a little short of information.  I would like to add a DCC chip and the only thing the instructions tell me is that I have to solder the chip in.  What chip works best on this little engine and what is the easiest way to get into the body???

the Bach-man

Dear Gator,
You can use any decoder without a plug- the "best" will depend on features you want, and the DCC system you have.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

FreshFish

Quote from: the Bach-man on March 17, 2008, 09:40:09 PM
Dear Fish,
I found my 1990 exploded diagram book, and it shows that after the three screws are removed, the chassis underframe will drop off, releasing the driver/frame/motor assembly.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

After I removed ther 3 screws the shell became loose by it wants to hang as if there was something still attached...Should It be this hard to drop off...This machine is "like new" but the headlamp has never worked...Any last suggestions ??...Welcome back.

the Bach-man

Dear Fish,
I can't see anything else on the diagram, and I don't have one to look at. Possibly a trip to your local hobby shop will solve the problem.
Good luck!
the Bach-man

FreshFish

Unfortunately they are none...Hey I really appreciate all the efforts !!