News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Branchline

Started by HOLondon, February 25, 2007, 08:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLondon

The recent thread regarding Bachmann Branchline caused me to have a look at the offerings…Wow, what great looking locos. A completely different aesthetic compared to American stream locos.   

Which leads to the following questions:
- It appears that Bachmann OO uses HO track standards, but what is the bottom line;  If I have a Bachmann HO set, will these products run on it? On DCC?
- Can you buy Bachmann Branchline in the US?  Where?
- I have a sister in law that lives in London; it would seem on the surface that a Bachmann loco she bought me in the UK would be compatible with US HO without modification.  Am I being naïve?

Thanks for any advice

Seasaltchap

I run all UK locos and rolling stock on US made HO track/switches with only a few PECO points - O'k.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

SteamGene

British OO runs on HO gauge track.  The scale is a bit different, being larger than 1:87 - something close to 1:72 I think.  The Harry Potter train set is OO.  I've run mine on EZ-track and on the club layout for train show.  It will bring Hogwarts students to visit Newberry Military School for military training for the final defeat of Lord Voldemort. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"